Trojan on work computer!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!

Circuit_breaker

Avg 8.5 found the virus but can anyone please help as to how to get it off of the computer? PLEASE!!!!!!!

"Scan ""Scan whole computer"" was finished."
"Infections";"2";"2";"0"
"Folders selected for scanning:";"Scan whole computer"
"Scan started:";"Thursday, March 19, 2009, 1:20:36 PM"
"Scan finished:";"Thursday, March 19, 2009, 2:33:00 PM (1 hour(s) 12 minute(s) 23 second(s))"
"Total object scanned:";"330417"
"User who launched the scan:";"Rick"

"Infections"
"File";"Infection";"Result"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Rick\Local Settings\Temp\94038750";"Trojan horse BackDoor.Agent.ZDT";"Moved to Virus Vault"
"C:\WINDOWS\Temp\95353328";"Trojan horse BackDoor.Agent.ZDT";"Moved to Virus Vault"

"Warnings"
"File";"Infection";"Result"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Rick\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\14krz7wm.default\cookies.sqlite";"Found Tracking cookie.Advertising";"Healed"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Rick\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\14krz7wm.default\cookies.sqlite:\advertising.com.203aa218";"Found Tracking cookie.Advertising";"Moved to Virus Vault"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Rick\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\14krz7wm.default\cookies.sqlite:\advertising.com.b624fa46";"Found Tracking cookie.Advertising";"Moved to Virus Vault"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Rick\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\14krz7wm.default\cookies.sqlite:\advertising.com.1820df7a";"Found Tracking cookie.Advertising";"Moved to Virus Vault"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Rick\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\14krz7wm.default\cookies.sqlite:\advertising.com.525a5fb9";"Found Tracking cookie.Advertising";"Moved to Virus Vault"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Rick\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\14krz7wm.default\cookies.sqlite:\advertising.com.f62113d5";"Found Tracking cookie.Advertising";"Moved to Virus Vault"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Rick\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\14krz7wm.default\cookies.sqlite:\atdmt.com.b3e33b5f";"Found Tracking cookie.Atdmt";"Moved to Virus Vault"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Rick\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\14krz7wm.default\cookies.sqlite:\msnportal.112.2o7.net.7225be6f";"Found Tracking cookie.2o7";"Moved to Virus Vault"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Rick\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\14krz7wm.default\cookies.sqlite:\revsci.net.44927ec";"Found Tracking cookie.Revsci";"Moved to Virus Vault"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Rick\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\14krz7wm.default\cookies.sqlite:\revsci.net.2df99d79";"Found Tracking cookie.Revsci";"Moved to Virus Vault"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Rick\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\14krz7wm.default\cookies.sqlite:\revsci.net.55564293";"Found Tracking cookie.Revsci";"Moved to Virus Vault"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Rick\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\14krz7wm.default\cookies.sqlite:\revsci.net.e9dbeb91";"Found Tracking cookie.Revsci";"Moved to Virus Vault"

dang! The trojan is preventing you from installing software to get rid of it. God that's a bad one. You need a piece of hardware that hooks up to ur computer that can get rid of the trojan. But that is very expensive.

Hdk20

Try downloading malwarebytes it should clear things up. If it doesnt allow you to download try and download combofix if that doesnt help try downloading combofix on another computer get a flash drive copy and paste it on there then put it in yur computer that has the virus and plug it in and extract it or put it on the desktop and run it.

Trio

Try installing that anti virus on a flash drive on another computer, then using it on the infected one? I used to install programs on floppys at home when I couldn't at school, then just use it on the school computer.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Avg has already put the infected files into quarantine. You still might be infected though. Please dowload combofix and see if it run. Get the download and instructions here. Then post the log that is displays back here.

Circuit_breaker

When i googled combo fix it sent me to a site where i downloaded a prog. called vundofix tool. Is that the correct program that I was supposed to download, because with the one I d/led it wants me to buy.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I click to install and nothing happens.

You don't install combofix, its a stand alone program. All you do is click on it and it runs. If it won't run then your computer is still infected to the point that it won't allow combofix to run. Your best bet is to notify your companies IT person and let them clean the system.

chrisalv14

banned
avg is ok but i highly recommend Norton Internet Security or something like Mcafee - it scans very fast and picks a lot more sources of trojans and viruses.
try another anti virus and see what happens.
your anti virus software should AUTOMATICALLY delete/remove the trojan.