Trouble finding a 140mm case fan

jhonrox

Hi guys, I need your help finding a 140mm case fan. I'm using an Antec 300 which has a 140mm top exhaust, but I cut out the honeycomb type grill on the case because I didn't like it and replaced it with a standard cheap round grill from eBay, like in the image below. But now the whole things looks ugly because the 4 supporting arms of the fan case are at the top and I can see them from the outside, while they were kind of discreet with the honey comb grill. Basically how do I make this exhaust fan look like this, ie the four arms underneath the impeller?

CF14S-BG-1_500.jpg

I did a lot of Googling and all intakes I came across had those arms behind the impeller, but obviously when you use them as exhaust, they switch positions. Yes, I know its a very stupid and silly problem, but could anyone recommend a fan to solve it, please? Preferably one that's not very loud, with an average CFM. If the impeller is white, it would be even better!

linkin

VIP Member
Personally i'd just go and order a $5 clear 140mm fan from ebay. all the way from china, I ordered 2 and they both arrived. but that was when i used my fugly generic case.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I'm pretty sure that's impossible. All fans are built so that the "rear" end blows out. I have never seen a fan that goes the other way around.

jhonrox

that fan looks like it belongs on a CPU or GPU cooler.

The specs on Arctic Cooling website says its a case fan. From what I've read, it looks like it doesn't need screws; rubber mounts are already attached to the fan frame.

And Vortez described this as the "rear of the F12 Pro":
contentteller.php

Thanks for the image btw, which fan is that?

meticadpa

that fan looks like it belongs on a CPU or GPU cooler. you want one like this:

C283-2041-Main01-jl.jpg

If that's what I think it is (A CoolerMaster R4) then it's a crappy fan.

A heatsink/case fan is no different. It's just a fan. For what you want, you should just get the most powerful 140mm fan you can get.

Yate Loon do 140mm fans cheaply, and you can just spray paint them.

jhonrox

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'm gonna go with the Arctic F12, it meets 2 of my needs - white impeller, arms at the intake. I'll just use an adapter to mount it to my current 140mm holes.

you can just spray paint them.

Tried that already with a spare crappy case fan I had. Ended up throwing it away because I broke that little silicon ring and the blades wouldn't stay in the casing!

Microcenter has regular black 140mm case fans in stock in their web store.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0330056

Thanks for the link. But its got those arms at the exhaust + its all black. But no problem, as I said, I'm gonna give the F12 a try. Thanks again for your comments! :)