Two Much Ram

thedarksun

Is it me or is 4gb of ram to much. I have 2gigs and i got to 90% full for the first time by running itunes dreamweaver flash photoshop firefox and bf2 at once, and no one ever needs this manny programs running at the same time. It just seams excessive to have 4gigs. also does it give a performance boost to have more ram even if you are only using 10% of it? anyone have thoughts on this?

thedarksun

well my logitech g15 keyboard lcd screen has a program that shows me ram and cpu usage,put you can just check the performance tab in the task manager

bluedishwasher

its still futureproof though, when newer games come out that require a minimum 2GB RAM you will still be running smoothly

wungoodshu

Getting more than 2gb RAM is really just putting sticks of RAM onto your mobo that will just sit there and look pretty. It would hardly ever get used.

Cleric7x9

Is it me or is 4gb of ram to much. I have 2gigs and i got to 90% full for the first time by running itunes dreamweaver flash photoshop firefox and bf2 at once, and no one ever needs this manny programs running at the same time. It just seams excessive to have 4gigs. also does it give a performance boost to have more ram even if you are only using 10% of it? anyone have thoughts on this?

what OS are you using? if you use Vista, 4gb isnt too much, esp if you game

littleblackxj

You probably wont notice a difference. Windows tends to use virtual ram even though its not using all of the physical ram.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
no i dont think 4Gbs is too much..especialy if your running Vista and your a hardcore gamer :)