Two Questions!!!

B_Wease

1- just got my computer put together. Just need to go buy a power supply tomorrow. My question is, should I install all the disks that came with all my hardware ex: my motherboard. Or should I go to the website as view possible updates. Nor sure what to do. This is my first build.

2- I own a copy of windows 7 that I had installed on in boot camp on my Mac. I just sold my Mac to some random people about a week ago. I still have the disk and the code. Is there any way I can install the same windows 7 on my new computer? Or do I have to go buy another copy?

ShadowKat

Get the most updated versions of all the drivers on the manufacturers websites and to the other question, yeah you will have to buy another copy of windows 7, I tried that once with Vista and XP so I don't think it would be any different now :)

lemke_254

as far as the windows seven thing you can probably use the same disk so just go buy the code for alot cheaper.. make sure the code isnt stolen though

bkribbs

The key is the majority of the cost. I would buy a new one, not just the code. And yeah, like ShadowKat said, get the drivers from the site.

joh06937

The key is the majority of the cost. I would buy a new one, not just the code. And yeah, like ShadowKat said, get the drivers from the site.

eh, i always just use the disk and windows always gives me update options if i need them. besides, if it is a newer motherboard, the drivers [strike]should be[/strike] are probably mostly up to date. the only thing you'd really need to go to the manufacturer's website for is a bios update. but even then, most motherboards provide a bios update utility on the disk.

bkribbs

eh, i always just use the disk and windows always gives me update options if i need them. besides, if it is a newer motherboard, the drivers [strike]should be[/strike] are probably mostly up to date. the only thing you'd really need to go to the manufacturer's website for is a bios update. but even then, most motherboards provide a bios update utility on the disk.

I just like to have the latest so that I know I am maximizing the potential. (Because my computers don't have much potential... smh...) but, yeah, as long as you aren't really having problems, the discs would probably be fine. I would just prefer the site.

Dystopia

That is what I do too, but I've always been on dial up so might be why.

Either way works, really. Getting the updated ones from the website takes longer, but would probably be a bit better.

As for the windows thing, can't you install it on multiple machines? I thought the limit was like 3. or Maybe even 5. Could have been XP though. I'd check into it, otherwise you would be better off buying a new copy.