UK is a rip

benw27

i just wanted to say that that ive just realised how much cheaper computer parts in the U.S r and it takes the piss! England a total rip off.

i got my graphics card from the U.S and now there chargin me some freekin customs tax. (after holding it for 7 days!)

thats all i just wanted to moan

Rambo

Haha.... I have bought my past two systems from the US and brought them back to England without having to pay tax/duties. I worked it out that I got 77% off from everything I bought . :p

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah i agree.

UK is one huge rip off.

And tony blair continues to rase taxes.:mad:

Tony blair must go.

Rip_Uk

thats why I am trying to get a system from the US for cheap, because it is still cheaper even with paying a lot for taxes and to get it shipped.

And just a coincidence, my nickname is Rip_Uk lol. (nothing to do with the UK being a rip off though.)

Lamilia

Ditto dvds. They must use upper class plastic on your side of The Pond.

Starman*
Have you ever noticed how free CDs are always stronger plastic? Try breaking one with a baseball bat then try with another CD that you paid for.

Rambo

Have you ever noticed how free CDs are always stronger plastic? Try breaking one with a baseball bat then try with another CD that you paid for.

Haha, strangely enough, I don't think people go round trying to smash CD's with baseball bats :p Hang on, correction, normal people... :D

Lamilia

Haha, strangely enough, I don't think people go round trying to smash CD's with baseball bats :p Hang on, correction, normal people... :D

I used to do that with cracked ones and demo disks...so what I'm not normal we already knew that. :p

dave597

VIP Member
uk wages are higher therefore are priced accordingly so there is no difference really. however i got my mp3 player from america via ebay, and didnt have to pay customs - the box was labelled picture frame :D. so actually uk is cheaper :)

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
For what items does the UK charge customs fees for?
Most items. That's why when i get things shipped from America, ie my Steeler's jersey, the seller marks the box as gift, that way no tax is added. If you want cheap computer parts look on ebay from EU countries, or even websites like newegg but from countries in the EU, that way no tax is added either.

benw27

All i have to say is i think maybe they have clamped down on customs or somethin recently.

I got charged VAT (17.5% if u didnt no!) and £8 service charge.

£32 in fookin tax wot a bunch of twats.

i still paid way less for my card though :)

i have issues with my card though.. ima start a new thread

benw27

u get taxed on anything over the value of £18 and £36 if labelled gift.

the tax charge will most likely be VAT.