Unreal Tournament 3 Demo!

paratwa

To reserve it you have to sign up for a fileplanet account. Which sucks in my opinion. But once it gets released officially, the download will be all over the place for free.

The demo is supposed to be out with in the next 2 weeks, and the full game is supposed to be out before the end of November.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Actually according to these guys,

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/34755/Unreal-Tournament-3-Demo-on-Friday-or-so

it will be released on Friday (or so). I wouldn't be so happy to trust them, if it weren't for the fact that I've been reading the blog/thing for a while, and that they visited Epic last night for a preview. If this is true, get ready! So epic. :D

EDIT: http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/205_1.php These guys wrote up a review thingy based on the time they spent on it. Interesting stuff.

Last edited:

paratwa

Actually according to these guys,

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/34755/Unreal-Tournament-3-Demo-on-Friday-or-so

it will be released on Friday (or so). I wouldn't be so happy to trust them, if it weren't for the fact that I've been reading the blog/thing for a while, and that they visited Epic last night for a preview. If this is true, get ready! So epic. :D

EDIT: http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/205_1.php These guys wrote up a review thingy based on the time they spent on it. Interesting stuff.

Cool, thanks for the links.
I am really stoked about this, since I am a clan member of Shokazulu UT clan. We have been frothing at the mouth for months for this.

Geoff

VIP Member
To reserve it you have to sign up for a fileplanet account. Which sucks in my opinion. But once it gets released officially, the download will be all over the place for free.

The demo is supposed to be out with in the next 2 weeks, and the full game is supposed to be out before the end of November.
Yes the demo will be all over the place, especially torrents. However if it's like the Crysis Beta demo, you need a CD Key that has to be activated before you can play.

HumanMage

No! No news on UT3:mad:... I don't want to know what I'll be missing. This is one of the games that I am looking forward to. By the looks of it UT3 is going to be amazing.

darklord

i got it this morning and i am so impressed. its still the same fast paced UT style with hella nice graphics. the link gun looks so cool. runs maxed out on my X1900 too so im really happy.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
I like it as well, though I must admit I'm more fit for the slower tactical shooter, These UT guys are good. I haven't yet got the twitch control these guys seem to have mastered. Better than the CoD4 demo IMO, the only crappy thing is the fact that Epic hasn't gotten any dedicated servers up, or very, very few, making online a pain. It's like a slideshow. People have to make due with hosting the game on their own internet connections, which is a more than a stones throw away from the 100+ Mb connections standard for these games.

paratwa

I have been playing since it hit the net. It's a great game and it has some improvements, but also a couple things I do not like. The hover board is ok, but I would get rid of it, if it where my choice.

The online play really sucks right now. Epic has NO dedicated servers and all the ones you see are on someones home system. Every server I finally made it on was laggy as hell! It was just unplayable online.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
I haven't really played any other UT games, But I think the hoverboard is slightly out of place. The fake die is even more so IMO.... Also for those concerned about the graphics, Epic has only released a standard res version i believe, the final, or even the next demo, since this is just the beta demo, will have higher quality textures. I think it looks great right now though.

Reneki

It looks awesome, and runs beautifully at max, doesn't tax system at all yet. I've come first in 1 match the entire time I've been playing soo far, you;d think these guys were playing ut2003 up until last week.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
I've gotten close to first, but most the time I'm somewhere in the middle. Some of these guys are hard-core! I can't how many times the lead player has blown me up with a perfect rocket-launcher shot, or a well placed lazer gun combo explosion. I've never had any practice with these types of games, so I got alot to learn. :D

Bradan

I've gotten close to first, but most the time I'm somewhere in the middle. Some of these guys are hard-core! I can't how many times the lead player has blown me up with a perfect rocket-launcher shot, or a well placed lazer gun combo explosion. I've never had any practice with these types of games, so I got alot to learn. :D

same...

i played ut03 a while back but this is crzyi

Reneki

Seems like practice is helping, last few rounds i was in the top5, but some pple still just destroy like it's nothing.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
What's your guy's screennames? It would be cool to know whom we're killing, should we happen upon the same server... Mine is hermeslyre, who da' thunk?

Last edited: