Update specs?

M3m0ry

Im sure you know when you right click on "My computer" it will pop up with a windows and all your specs will come up. But when i put in a Pentium 4 proccessor and added another 128 ram it dident update the "specs" i know its not a problem but is there anyway to fix this?

M3m0ry

!?

!? it says i still have intel celeron and 128 ram. but thats not possible because there is no celeron chip in there!?

M3m0ry

hrm

yep, says the same thing, im gonna take apart my comp and take a look as my brother said he put all this in.

[Edit]

Well i took a look inside and i feel like a complete noob, cuz i am. I have no idea how to tell waht it is it just says Intel and as for ram thers one chipset but i have 2 slots and i dont know how to tell how much ram the chip was either...

Last edited:

weixifan

Hint: your brother didn't put "all this in." lol compare the pictures of celeron processors on the web with the one you have in your computer right now. I bet the one in your computer right now looks EXACTLY like one of the pictures. Also, if your brother "added" 128M of memory, there should be at least two memory DIMMs, and you reported one. (To speed up this process of picture searching, also include the frequency of the CPU.)

Well i took a look inside and i feel like a complete noob, cuz i am.

Completely no worries. I was one--before I put a computer together by myself and fiddled around with countless jumpers and BIOS settings. I now know more than I did...and I'm happy lol. However, if either the P4 processor or the memory disppeared from your sight, beware of their appearance inside your brother's computer lol.

ZER0X

VIP Member
Did you notice a difference when you put the ram in, maybe one of the ram slots were faulty? does it read in BIOS