Using EVGA's Step-Up Program To Get An 8800gt

vonfeldt7

I recently purchased an 8600gts from newegg.com. I actually wanted an 8800gts but (A) they're huge, and (B) they cost to much.

Now that the 8800gt is out..should I use the step up program to get one? Its $100 more...but the performance gain would be superb.

P.S. EVGA is awesome. I called them, and the guy that I talked to knew his shit. I was proud...I mean...I'm used to calling customer support and getting a dipshit that has no clue what's going on...and this guy is like "okay so you probably own like a 8800gts or maybe a 8600gts and want to step up to an 8800gt right?" Before I even told him anything.

Basically I was amazed.

taylormsj

P.S. EVGA is awesome. I called them, and the guy that I talked to knew his shit. I was proud...I mean...I'm used to calling customer support and getting a dipshit that has no clue what's going on...and this guy is like "okay so you probably own like a 8800gts or maybe a 8600gts and want to step up to an 8800gt right?" Before I even told him anything.

Basically I was amazed.

Maybe because so many poeple have called about it?

That would be a nice upgrade

The one I got was great, too. He knew exactly what was going on... Just another reason I will use EVGA.. What card are you stepping up from?

hermeslyre

VIP Member
He's stepping up from the 8600gts. Yep, it's a great program, and that's a really awesome step up! I'm thinking of getting the GT as well..

Reneki

i just submitted the step up for the 8800gt 512mb at evgas site. Luckily i still had 1 day left in my window before it closed on the 31st.