Using Raid to Combine 2 Drives?

Dirtmuncher111

Currently, I have two internal 250GB hard drives in my computer, both of which are at 75%+ full. I am going to buy a 750GB external hard drive to put all of the stuff from my "secondary" one (this one just has all of my movies and other media, not the OS or anything like that, just files) onto. Then I will have one almost full internal hard drive and one that is empty. I want to use RAID 0 to "share" this data between the two and combine them into one single disk so-to-speak. How would I do this while keeping all of my computer info intact?

Geoff

VIP Member
I don't know of a way to form a true RAID 0 array without erasing all of the data currently on the drives. Why don't you backup the files from your existing hard drive(s) to the 750GB, reformat the 2, then setup RAID?

Dirtmuncher111

If I did a backup, is the backup perfect, as in after all of that is done, will my computer be exactly as it is right now, none of the settings or anything messed up?

Geoff

VIP Member
Well you would have to reinstall the OS, and you would need to reinstall your programs, but all of your files would still be there.