vertical stripes on the laptop screen

greg6699

Hello guys,
I think I've messed up my laptop's screen a little.
no big deal but still...
I just wanted to wipe it up with a screen liquid as normal, suddenly when I was wiping lower left area, a big vertical stripe showed up, it definitely ain't dead pixels, cause when I turning the laptop off, screen goes white as always, and I can't see a single dead one.
Also, the whole desktop shifted to the right, so what's missing on the right I have on the left( a bit weird to work on). Same thing at the start up, BIOS and welcome page are the same.
I reinstall system, Updated BIOS, all drivers are fresh,I've opened the screen into pieces and checked all the connections thinking that I might have disconnected sth.
No other ideas, ( so far), great appreciation if anyone could help..!!
Thanks a lot
Greg

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
When you cleaned it, how hard did you rub the screen? It seems you need to replace the lcd now.

BigSteve702

that happens when you split one of the pixel lines from the board on the edge.called tab separation. happens all the time when you give just a wee bit too much pressure cleaning. so basically... what he said.

greg6699

thanks guys,
what do you mean by:" tab separation"?
can I undo it somehow?
is there any solution for that??
thanks

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
thanks guys,
what do you mean by:" tab separation"?
can I undo it somehow?
is there any solution for that??
thanks

It's just what he said:

that happens when you split one of the pixel lines from the board on the edge (called tab separation). happens all the time when you give just a wee bit too much pressure cleaning. so basically... what he said.

And no there is no way to fix the broken LCD. Only solution is to replace the LCD panel.