Video Card help

Amante18

Ok so this question may be stupid.. But i know i have a crap video card ati rad. express 200.. and i want a cheap video card since i dont game all that much and will take full advantage of vista...

so my questions is this... if i get a new video card will that affect the tv tuner card i have installed already ?

also please give me some ideas as to watch in expesive vid cards are good..
so far people have suggested the ati x300

any help is great, thank you

Amante18

well since im not a big gamer... the most adv game i play on pc is bsically civcity rome.. sims.. that kinda stuff... i know pc games have the best grapics but i use my 360 to play the rest of the games

so i mean what are cheap alternatives and suggestions for say 128 or 256 cards...

elitehacker

Those cards are really expensive, for games such as sim and older ones, a 7600GT is overkill, and I don't see the point in getting the X1950pro, it runs really hot and slower than its nvidia equivalent.

chupacabra

Those cards are really expensive, for games such as sim and older ones, a 7600GT is overkill, and I don't see the point in getting the X1950pro, it runs really hot and slower than its nvidia equivalent.

Depends on the model elite, anyway is kinda true they get hot i won't lie in that part, the reason why i offered he/she the nvidia 7900gs from XFX is that only differs on 40$ from a nvidia 7600 GT.

With the 7900GS he/she shouldn't have to worry too much about upgrading later unless he/she wants direct10.

Last edited:

elitehacker

Yeah, I think the 7 series is the way to go at the moment. Since he/she said "im not a big gamer... the most adv game i play on pc is bsically civcity rome.. sims.. that kinda stuff... " I think the best card for he/she is the 7900.

speedyink

VIP Member
Come on, you dont need a 7900 to play those games.

an X300 will handle those fine, as well with windows Vista.