Video card issue? Win 7 32-bit

The problem shown in the picture just started showing up today, and only happens to image files. It doesn't matter what format the image is in, and doesn't affect every image (it seems to skip a few). This only happens to images I 'preview' with 'windows photo viewer'. If I open the image in Photoshop or upload it to the web and look at it, it looks normal.

Would this qualify as a video card driver issue?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
This is so reminiscent of a motherboard issues I had many years ago, and yes, it was with "off-board" video...

Try drivers, as you mentioned. Video and Chipset.

Is anything else affected? Just Windows Photo viewer? Nothing wrong in your browsers or anything? Any changes in games (if you do game). I guess it could even be a problem with the viewer...

I don't game much. I do 3d modeling daily though. All of the apps I use appear to be functioning normally. The only program I'm having a problem with is the windows photo viewer.

Ok, this is weird. It's working fine today (just tried it, same photos that looked messed up). I didn't do a thing to fix it, but it's working normally again.

I'm gonna do a virus/malware scan.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Hmm...that is odd... I do think it's going to end up being some kind of software issues, be it a glitch or some kind of malware. If nothing else works, I feel almost certain a format/reload would solve it.