Video Card not showing up

lucky7

Alright i turned on my computer, installed vista home premium 64 bit, and then got to my home screen. Everything looks good because my 4gigs of ram is seen but i look at graphics and it says standard vga graphics adapter. This is a small problem considering i have an 8800GT installed....Any guesses or solutions?

G25r8cer

Its just that if he knew as much as to get a good card such as a 8800gt then he should know enough to install drivers. Hint the cd in the box. lol

StrangleHold

Staff member
If I was a mind reader I could tell you. But its listed as (standard vga graphics adapter) shows no drivers installed even if its onboard or a standalone card. Plus the fact his board doesnt have onboard so it makes it a mute point.

Last edited:

lucky7

haha ye im an idiot. I didnt install my motherboard or video card drivers yet. But when i put it in my motherboard disk prior to starting my computer nothing happened when i got the home screen. Which drivers should i install first?

StrangleHold

Staff member
All the motherboard drivers then the Video card. Then update Windows. You put your Motherboard driver CD in after Windows boot up not before.

Last edited:

lucky7

thx guys i installed the motherboard and video card stuff and now it says i have an 8800GT. But how do i install sp1 cause im not sure if it was installed. Installing Vista only took about 20 mins does that sound about right?