video card problem

johnny157

Hey guys, I have an older HP Pavilion a1034n and I've been considering upgrading my video card since this one is a little bit older. I've already upgraded my ram up to 3GB and have a 450 Watt power supply installed too, this computer is running smoothly even with windows 7 I've taken care of it pretty well and I would rather not have to get rid of it. My question is how do I know what video cards are compatible with my computer?

Russ88765

To find out what's compatible, you have to find out what kind of expansion slots your motherboard has first, be it agp/pci/pcie/etc. Since you already know what your psu is that's half the battle. Just make sure you have a psu cable, wattage, and expansion slot type that are compatible.

OverClocker

agp, pcie or pci; you have to find out which of these your pc uses. install Belarc Advisor to audit your pc. then depending on your needs, decided if you are gonna get a 512 or 1gb.

powerpack

banned
What card do you have now? That 450w PSU could be a limiting factor so check any potential cards power needs!