Viewsonic VX2035WM and Nvidia 6150 LE with TV Tuner - got comp skillz?

chicubs

(OPINIONS/HELP)Viewsonic VX2035WM & Nvidia 6150 LE with TV Tuner - got comp skillz?

i have a slight shadow the shows up on the mouse and every Icon on the screen. its not too bad that i can't deal with it, but i want it to look perfect. i have the resolution set at 1680X1050 @ 60hertz. i also have the TV tuner set at the same resolution settings. video tower > tv tuner (VGA) and tuner > monitor (VGA)....

specs
Graphics card: Nvidia 6150 LE (onboard)
Monitor: 20" Viewsonic VX2035WM
TV Tuner: stand-alone TV box HD 1280 (made for large monitors)

also, their is no shadow when i have the OSD menu for the monitor up so i know the monitor is in good shape... its less than a year old. i checked all the cables and tightened them down.

what causes the shadow?
how can it be fixed?
could it have to do with bad conections?

SECOND ISSUE: dual monitors...
i want to get dual monitors... i used to have 2 hp "V17e"??? i think?.... but when i would play games or full screen something it would mess up the configuration and i would end up reinstalling the drivers to fix it... it was a pain so i sold the two monitors and bought this one

i don't play games anymore ha ha ha... i want to hook up a DVI from my computer to the viewsonic monitor... and a VGAfrom my tower > tv box > second monitor. My goal is to watch tv on the second monitor and use the first monitor as a single monitor computer. but if i want to switch the second monitor to my PC i can. i know this can be done because i don't even have to have my tower hooked up to the tv box to watch tv.... i also plan on getting a second TV box so i can watch 2 shows at one time

am i going to run into the same problems i did before?
Any recomendations on a GRAPHICS CARD (under $200)?
Second monitor?

i would also like to use my PC as a "TIVO"- to record shows and news clips...

Is that possible? what software would i need?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT ALL SET UP!!!

Last edited:

elitehacker

I doubt you can fix the shadow, it would be something to do with your screen. By shadow, do you mean if you move your mouse over a black background you can see a white trail? I know there are other types of shadows but white moving against a black background is the easiest type to see.