Virus changed a password.. help!

incurox

I recently had the W32.Alcra.(a/b) virus and I'm pretty sure it changed my MSN Messenger Password somehow, so I cannot log into my hotmail or talk on MSN Messenger (i also never saved my contact list, so i'm without that as well). I do not think one of my friends changed my password because to do so they would have to knowmy secret question, and I do not even know my secret question

edit: i guess the virus could have also downloaded spyware to change the password or whatever, who knows... but i guess what im really wondering is if anyone has any ideas, or if the virus would change the password to a specific password that i could just put in

Last edited:

Platinum

Yeah, that's the point of a secret question, when things like this happen. I think your SOL. You can try to contact MSN but I don't think that would do much good.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Contacting MSN is a waste of time, i contacted them about a forgotten password about 2 months ago, still no reply. All i got was the stupid automated thing that said they had recieved my mail, well if they recieved it then why didnt they bloody well read it and reply to it.

If you hadnt guessed MSN and Microsoft arent my favourite companies at the moment. They're beginning to rank below DELL and believe me thats LOW!!!

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
ah, yet another anti dell campaign.

as said microsoft wont do anything. but it is kind of your fault for not knowing the answer to the secret question.

DanLatimer

yes dell sucks, but do u expect msn to pay eneugh ppl to get back to all the emails they recieve? think of all the ppl who know like nothing about computer that are like HELLLLPP MEEE MIICCRROOSFFFTTT!!!! and they r like... ugh why did i decide to work here...