VisionTek 4870 512meg

teamhex

Selling my old VisionTek 4870. Don't know what its worth so ill just start at $70 shipped OBO. Has original packaging, cables/adapters, and box.

US shipping only(because im lazy and don't feel like filling out a piece of paper).

3ka3m33l85V65P55X2b4b86ac9fff52b91377.jpg

3n63m03p05W05X65S5b4bd1e7010f68681b1b.jpg

Dystopia

My brother got one for $15, working perfectly, that should tell you the value :p

JK, well, he did get one for that off of a friend, but that card is easily worth $70, IMO. Good luck with the sale ;)

Dystopia

My brother got one for $15, working perfectly, that should tell you the value :p

JK, well, he did get one for that off of a friend, but that card is easily worth $70, IMO. Good luck with the sale ;)

teamhex

I normally go with amazons used price and knock $10 off it.
I think their about $90 used on amazon so $70 shipped is a nice price. The thing can play most if not all games. I even played Crysis on it for awhile.

Dystopia

I normally go with amazons used price and knock $10 off it.
I think their about $90 used on amazon so $70 shipped is a nice price. The thing can play most if not all games. I even played Crysis on it for awhile.

The 4870 will rock out on Crysis. I had the 4850, with a tri core and 4GB RAM, and I damn near maxed it out, my monitor was holding me back on the resolution, so the 4870 will *easily* play any game out there, provided the CPU is good enough.

My brother is playing the BC2 campaign, with the 4870. Wow, amazing. He only has a dual core, but the game looks so beautiful.

Anyway, $70 is a great price for the card. Too bad I have a laptop.

Compequip

Hey bro, I have a Asus 4870 512mb that I bought for $280.00 less than 3 years ago. I did the same and asked around and was told 80-100 range for the card. So your price is very good. I'm thinking of upgrading myself and selling my card.

teamhex

Hey bro, I have a Asus 4870 512mb that I bought for $280.00 less than 3 years ago. I did the same and asked around and was told 80-100 range for the card. So your price is very good. I'm thinking of upgrading myself and selling my card.

Thanks man, thats about the time I purchased mine and it was the same price.

87dtna

I had the 4850, with a tri core and 4GB RAM, and I damn near maxed it out, .

LOL rrrright. A 6970 STILL cannot max crysis out with decent gaming resolutions, which is stronger than 4850 tri-fire.

You must have been on 1024x768.....and ''maxxed'' means 16x AA, 16x AF, and details on all high/extra. There's no way in hell thats happening with a 4850.

teamhex

LOL rrrright. A 6970 STILL cannot max crysis out with decent gaming resolutions, which is stronger than 4850 tri-fire.

You must have been on 1024x768.....and ''maxxed'' means 16x AA, 16x AF, and details on all high/extra. There's no way in hell thats happening with a 4850.

Well he did say "near" so take it at face value.
Ill tell people honestly.
It will play Crysis on high a few settings on very high.
HOWEVER you will notice lag, namely the carrier sequence at the end and various bits during the game. You must also be playing sub 1280x because its a 512meg card. For the price I don't think people can complain.

mihir

VIP Member
excellent pricing.I would have bought(for my cousin) it the second I saw this thread if you were in India or the god-damn shipping prices were not that high.