Vista Downgraded?

Dirtmuncher111

Usually I have Vista Aero on my computer, with the fancy schmancy see through windows and everything. Today I logged onto my computer and for some reason, it is normal windows now, and now when i try to go to Personalize>Windows Color and Appearance, it now goes to just Personalize>Appearance which doesnt have any options for transparancy or anything anymore. How can I fix this? I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

HumanMage

Did you run a program that forced the window transparency to stop? I remember doing something like that awhile back, restarted my laptop and everything went back to normal. If I remember correctly it was an old game or something. I don't remember the specifics.

Candy

Go to Control Panel> Performance Information and Tools> Then on the left under Tasks select Adjust Visual Effects.

There are options there things like transparency. You can select all for the best looks but i have these ones checked: Enable desktop composition, Enable transparent glass, Show thumbnails instead of icons, Smooth edges of screen fonts and Use visual styles on windows and buttons.

That seems to improve performance for me and looks just the same but if you have a really good PC i doubt you would notice any difference.