Vista operating system is a little slow

neversay5

I am currently use vista system , i find vista system is a little slow than XP .Is vista system real slow than XP?

bm23

that depends on your hardware. does it have enough RAM? XP could run fine on just 1gb of RAM but you may find vista a bit laggy if you only have 1gb of RAM. i personally find that vista is faster than xp.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Xp will always be faster than Vista imo,XP 32 bit flys on my system in siggy with 4gb of ram,Vista x64 still doesnt respond half the time how it should.

But more ram will definatly help if you have only 1gb.

Gareth

Vista will always be faster on the computers with more RAM/Quad Core etc. No matter what people say, its been proven I believe. Make sure you have 2GB of RAM, and Service Pack 1 installed. Also, dedicated video makes it quicker.

Hugh9191

Vista defiantly runs faster on my machine than XP did. I also find it more stable and less virus-able. I used to be with the 'vista sucks' crowd but now I'm a convert!

Bodaggit23

I used to be with the 'vista sucks' crowd

Me too. Until I used it for a month.

I have Vista x64 and XP x86 both installed on my i7 pc right now.

Vista is quicker clicking through Windows, it boots quicker, it's
WAAAAY nicer to look at. It's just better to me.

XP is fine and I have it installed to run a couple older games that
don't like 64bit OS's. Other than that, I don't use it.

chrisalv14

banned
I wouldnt say vista is slower than XP but it can be depending on the type of computer/system you are on, my sisters laptop has vista home premium on it and its faster than XP (a little faster anyway).
But as vista uses all these extra files installed on your computer, if your computer is old and you have vista installed, you will experience many errors and performance. Possibly crashing all the time due to lack of things.

Thats why you should take the Vista advisor to check to see if your system is compatible with the new operating system vista ;)

xroadsempress

I think that XP will always be faster than Vista. Unless Microsoft finished developing their latest OS, then I think it would not be advisable to upgrade computers. Since you had Vista already then you must try installing a RAM with a larger memory. I am still not sure if the company would develop it further or leave it at that. I hope they continue to upgrade Vista. :)

neversay5

Maybe you run too many programs at the same time or you have a slow machine. I suggest you add more RAM, if you have only 1GB.
In my experience, XP is faster.

yes ,XP is better , my RAM is 2GB now ,
random.gif
I had changed to XP

Nikole

Vista is as fast as windows xp .

You can make your computer fast , by following these steps .

1 Delete all the temporary junk files fom your computer , ie %temp% , temp , pretech .
2 Use diskcleanup .
3 Use defragmentaion.
4 Increase the virtual memory of your computer .
5 Remove unwanted , startup items from msconfig .
6 Remove unwanted services from msconfig > services
7 Scan your computer with updated antivirus software, for all the malwares present on your computer .