Samsung SH-S223 X22 SATA DVD
Antec Three Hundred
Corsair CMPSU-400CX 400W

Which OS is better:

Windows Vista
or
Windows Xp 32 bit
?

(I don't have Xp 64 bit version... I would install it if i had it.. )

Thanks

Geoff

VIP Member
Personally I would choose Vista, but is that the 32 or 64 bit version? I would also advice against installing XP Pro x64 even if you had it.

galsasson

what's wrong with windows pro. 64 bit?

I'm maybe not updated but i remember that everybody said that vista has serious bugs.. am i wrong?

I didnt write it but i meant Windows XP pro. 32 bit version.

thanks.

Gareth

All of the bugs in Vista are ironed out and everything is fine on it. XP x64 cannot run anything really, I remember trying it out, it was hopeless.

Id also go with Vista, unless you are buying a new license, then I suggest to use your XP license and move over to 7 later this year.

dmiller21283

I'm running vista 64-bit on my desktop and my laptop at work. I haven't had any problems with it at all. I have run across very few applications that don't work. Where you're going to run into trouble is driver support. I found today that my palm won't sync with any 64-bit OS. The desktop software installs and works but the USB cable doesn't have a compatible 64-bit driver. Now I need to get a Bluetooth adatper to sync.

Other than that, I love 64-bit vista. Its like getting twice the processor for nothing.

AlienMenace

My main is Windows xp x64 pro. I don't have any problems. The only real problem is the software companies won't support it. I will be getting the windows 7 when most of the bugs are ironed out tho, I running the RC1 right now as my secondary OS.