Vonage Vs.Magic Jack?

ttomm46

Hi
I have vonage but some problems are getting old like me talking and sooner or later the party I'm talking to can't hear me and i have to keep trying to even get the phone to re dial the number..Heck they dropped my monthly fee from 24.95 to 14.95 but i still don't think its worth the aggravation when this happens which is fairly often...........I had magic jack trial when it first came out but I've heard its much better now......Does it hog a lot of computer resources?

Any opinions helpful

Tom:D

Roy Rogers

magic jack

magic jack certainly is a cheap way to communicate, I use it and plan to continue doing so, but there are annoyances. First, it takes over the monitor for a full minute at every boot up. You have to set there and wait for it to load each time.They could improve this by reducing the size of the window or simply placing an icon on the task bar. One potential problem is the area codes available. Yours may not be, making a local in call subject to a toll charge. My magic jack loaded fine on my win XP machine but I still haven't got it to load on my vista machine. By the way it only works with windows and mac, not linux. No dropped calls and the line seems quiet. all told, a good investment.

bomberboysk

I have heard magic jack is great, one of my friends uses it for their home phone and love it, albeit they have it on their home server and not on their day to day desktop