Wait What..? Portal 2. *Spoilers*

Mez

So I was just wondering what your guys thoughts are on this situation:

After GLaDOS lets you free, you're seen in a a field of abundant grass/wheat. What happened to the world? Are you released into a Post-Apocalyptic world (Post-Apocalyptic doesn't necessarily mean nuclear fallout), or is everyone just gone and the world was left to regrow to its natural state?

I don't get it.

What do you guys think happened to the world?

kobaj

VIP Member
So I was just wondering what your guys thoughts are on this situation:

After GLaDOS lets you free, you're seen in a a field of abundant grass/wheat. What happened to the world? Are you released into a Post-Apocalyptic world (Post-Apocalyptic doesn't necessarily mean nuclear fallout), or is everyone just gone and the world was left to regrow to its natural state?

I don't get it.

What do you guys think happened to the world?

Fields and fields of wheat aren't actually /that/ natural. So my thought is that there are some humans left. They may be primitive, or highly advanced. We don't know, But they know how to make a field of wheat.

The Half Life universe and the Aperture Science universe are linked. Perhaps Episode 3 of Half Life will tell us the answer. :D

awildgoose

Never seen a wheat farm?
Or are farms in the US really small?

I'm pretty sure it's just the modern world and it's at a farm....

Mez

Im pretty sure its not a farm... There wouldn't be a random old shack in the middle of a wheat field that no one has bothered to explore...

Haha thinking of this just makes my brain fizzle.

PohTayToez

Portal 2 is supposed to happen after the first Half Life so you might be stepping into the world of Half Life 2 where the world is ruled by aliens from another dimension. Of course a wheat field doesn't exactly equate apocalypse so maybe you're going back to a normal, semi-peaceful world. I'm sure they intentionally left it open-ended.