Walmart black friday laptops

pole287

My girlfriend is planning to buy herself a laptop on black friday and is torn between the 200 dollar and 300 dollar laptops so i was wondering if it is worth the extra hundred dollars to buy the 300 dollar one. She plans to mostly just surf the web and very light gaming as in the most system intensive game would be guild wars.

The ad is here:
http://www.black-friday.net/bf/walmart-black-friday.html

Slacker7

Can you tell us exactly which models she is considering? The link only takes us to a list of possibilities. We need more definitive specs as well as budget, i.e. what she is willing to spend.

Whatever you do don't purchase the eMachine laptop and you don't want the one with a Celerong processor as well.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Actually the new Celeron processor's aren't that bad. They are better than what they used to be. Surfing and emailing the celeron will be ok. Definately stay away from the emachines model go with one of the HP models.

massahwahl

VIP Member
Ive bought the walmart 'deal' laptop two years in a row and will buy another one this year. For simple surfing, office apps, etc. they are perfectly fine and have held up very well. The one I got two years ago had Vista on it and i downgraded it to XP which made much faster but last years and this years run 7 and are plenty fast fast enough and work great!

dannaswolcott

I am planning on getting a really cheap laptop for email, web, and to do my fire hall stuff on and upload pictures I take of fires to this website I do fire news for... I am thinking of the eMachines from walmart, its cheap, and yah its e machines but for $200 and for something that will get beat up, and just used for basic crap.. its fine... Id try the e machine if I were you. My aunt has a e machines laptop been 3 years in dec since she got it, Not any issues yet with it. They are very cheap but its not that bad of a deal for $200.

pandabear

I think all computers are built faultie, so someone can come along and fix them. Ever notice how ur pc or car has problems wen the warenty runs out?

flanker

haha an e-Machine better off getting a droid

I bought a e-machine the E-442-v133 best Buy was selling them for $275 and with my silver Rewards $260 gift cards I paid very little for it. So far it's been a great small cheap laptop. Not a gaming machine but sure not a dud. Also it's wireless so I am happy having it as a backup to my other machines. :)