Watch Dogs issues

1337dingo

ok hey guys rather stuck at the moment
got myself watch dogs for pc yay!! :):)
BUT big issue :mad:
when booting logs in to uplay ok but when it gets to the screen shows "this is what auto save looks like" it freezes and I have to end it,
checked my event logs online they say its an issue with my AMD update drivers
so checked all that looks fine says I already have the best,
went back and there is nothing past that.
if anyone knows anything else would be much happy

DaveSi677

I'm sure it will get patched up by AMD.

Check their site for updates. If AMD doesn't patch it I'm sure the watch dogs devs will for sure.

Okedokey

Please do this (in order):

1. Update Direct X
  2. Right click (assuming steam) on watch dogs, properties, local files tab and click verify integrity of game cache. Wait for it to finish.
  3. While waiting, Update Windows. Do it. Don't restart until the game cache has been verified.
  4. Restart.
  5. Download DisplayDriver Uninstaller and install it. Dont run it yet.
  6. Download the latest AMD drivers to your desktop. Dont run it yet.
  7. Uninstall AMD drivers via the Add and Remove Programs method - standard Windows.
  8. Restart
  9. Run DisplayDriver Uninstaller.
  10. From the drop down menu choose AMD
  11. Check the checkbox titled Remove C:\AMD
  12. Click on the Uninstall the Current and Previous Drivers and Restart the Computer
  13. Restart.
  14. Install the latest AMD drivers (downloaded earlier).
  15. Restart.

If you still have the issue:

Please download PC Wizard from my sig, install it and run it. Go to FILE, SAVE AS and Click OK. Copy the contents out of that file. Also post your exact PSU model please.

After we understand your hardware and remove game and operating system, we should be able to help.

Last edited:

1337dingo

ok will try this thanks mate

also just fyi its Uplay coz got it from ebgames

Last edited:

1337dingo

didnt work still crashes

here is specs

PC Wizard 2013 Version 2.12
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owner: mitch
Organisation: Microsoft
User: Dingo
Computer Name: TARDIS
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1
Report Date: Friday 30 May 2014 at 17:39

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<< System Summary >>>

> Mainboard : Alienware 046MHW

> Chipset : Intel P67

> Processor : Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3400 MHz (max : 3900)

> Physical Memory : 16384 MB (4 x 4096 DDR3-SDRAM )

> Video Card : AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

> Hard Disk : Seagate ST32000641AS (2000GB)

> Hard Disk : Western Digital WD20EFRX-68AX9N0 (2000GB)

> DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH30N

> DVD-Rom Drive : PLDS DVD+-RW DH-24ABS

> Monitor Type : Acer G225HQ - 22 inches

> Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

> Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

> DirectX : Version 11.00

> Windows Performance Index : 5.9 on 7.9
Help : Example of usage

***** End of report *****

1337dingo

so i didnt build it so i dunno off the top of my head,
when i open it you cant see into it, but here is the list of everything in it from dell

931JV
INSTRUCTION, DEVIATION, L6-TO-L5.5, AUR3
JFTXD
INSTRUCTION, DEVIATION, #2, CHASSIS, PWA INTEGRATED, AUR3
Label, Barcode, Track, System, Generic
T845M
INSTRUCTION, TRIGGER, SVC TAG
4315J
Dual In-Line Memory Module, 4G, 1600, 512X64, 8, 240, Extreme Memory Profile
F4GM8
Assembly, Dvd+/-Rw, 24X, Half Height, Serial Ata, Plds
R4DW2
Kit, Software, RME, 1.6, Powerdvd, 3D, 9.6
40DV6
KIT, SOFTWARE, W7HP64SP1, MUL17, ANW
WXGXH
Processor, I7-2600, 3.4, 4C, SNB, D2, L
2WK2D
HARD DRIVE, 2TB, S3, 7.2K, SGT-MUSKIE, 6G
GX1J7
ASSEMBLY, CHASSIS, PWA INTEGRATED, STANDARD, MBK, 875, AUR3
0J15H
CARD (CIRCUIT), GRAPHICS, ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES, RADEON, 6990
55PJV
Assembly, Cable, Miniature, DP2HDMI
J8461
ASSEMBLY, CABLE, VIDEO, LEAD FREE
VHGFF
Assembly, Cable, Miniature, Dell Plus, Dell Plus, Advanced Micro Devices
KKMH5
Kit, Mouse, Universal Serial Bus, MG100, T1
H9Y23
Kit, Keyboard, Universal Serial Bus, United States, KG100, T1
VX2N9
Kit, Software, Compact Diskette, MCAF11, Multiple User Interface
Cord, Power, 250V, 3MTR, Australian
HRGD5
ASSEMBLY, HEATSINK, H2C, CENTRAL PROCESSOR UNIT, ASETEK, AH10

Okedokey

You have a 6990. That is a Crossfire card (ie 2 x 6970s i believe). I think you have a 875W PSU in there, and yes, its probably fine, but I would like to know what exact one you use.

So for now:

1. Confirm you did EVERYTHING and IN ORDER from my previous list. Not skipping stuff or being lazy - correct? If not, go back and repeat each and every step exactly.
  2. Go to Device Manager and confirm there are no Yellow or Red Flags there.
  3. Then download and install this Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)
  4. Uninstall Uplay
  5. Restart
  6. Download and re-install Uplay
  7. Disable any overlays, uninstall FRAPs, uninstall any game monitoring crap.
  8. Disable ANY and ALL overclocks.

Then if that doesn't help, i would:

• Uninstall the game.
  • Restart.
  • Reinstall the game.
  • Restart

If that doesn't help,

Repeat steps 5 - 15 in my earlier post and use the beta 14.6a driver here http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

If that doesn't work, and you're 100% sure the game is installed correctly, drivers updated, no overclocks etc, Direct X and C++ is updated, then the only option really is to back up, reinstall Windows and lay down a fresh copy of the game ensuring all drivers and other software is completely updated. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to wait for AMD to fix their crappy CF drivers.

Last edited:

Troncoso

VIP Member
Watch Dogs supposedly is having pretty bad performance issues on PC, according to this article and others, especially for AMD. Though, I haven't seen a lot in the way of the game completely freezing on start up.

Accoring to this, which was just posted today, a patch is in the works for performance issues. This very well may solve your problems.

Also (and I may be out of date with this or just wrong), I thought crossfire cards and setups didn't really have stable support from drivers.

G80FTW

Watch Dogs supposedly is having pretty bad performance issues on PC, according to this article and others, especially for AMD. Though, I haven't seen a lot in the way of the game completely freezing on start up.

Accoring to this, which was just posted today, a patch is in the works for performance issues. This very well may solve your problems.

Also (and I may be out of date with this or just wrong), I thought crossfire cards and setups didn't really have stable support from drivers.

I havent had any performance or stability issues with the game thus far. Although, it is somehow using almost ALL my system memory. Task manager says its only using 3.5GB but with the game open my total usage goes up to 9GB but doesnt tell me where its all going so Im assuming its going to the game.

So perhaps its eating up peoples RAM :confused:

1337dingo

hey sorry hadn't replied was away for the weekend
yes I had done EVERYTHING in order.
I have contacted ubisoft so waiting for them to say whoops we stuffed up

1337dingo

so ubisoft refuse to believe there is an issue.. . I have no idea what to do next they wont even refund it

Punk

Staff member
so ubisoft refuse to believe there is an issue.. . I have no idea what to do next they wont even refund it

The issue is coming from your side this is why they don't believe this is a game issue. Have you ever had similar problems on another game?

StrangleHold

Staff member
Actually the updated driver says nothing about the HD 6000 series. If it helps in Watchdogs or not. If so its the 14.6 Beta If you have completely uninstalled the drivers and game and it still doesn't work something else is going on.

Last edited:

Okedokey

Enabled HT in bios? Watchdogs is very CPU dependant from my reading. May help, may not.

As a last resort, please delete the file gamerprofile.xml found in Documents\My Games\Watch_Dogs\

Copy it to the desktop. And delete it from the Watch Dogs directory where you have installed the game.

Try the game again.

Barring this, I think we've pretty much covered everything else (GPU running in PCIe 2 mode?)... I would reinstall Windows and try again.

Last edited: