Water Cooling Elements

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Hello once again. As you may have heard i recently got my water cooling set up. I'm wondering what will happen if i attatch 2 pumps to my system, perhaps one directly before the CPU waterblock and one directly after it.

Also, what would happen if i added a second radiator. My first is a Tt Rocket Fanless Radiator, the second would probably be the Tt Bigwater 120 Rad. The first radiator would be before the waterblock.

Pic below

test setup.jpg

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Is that a bad thing, surely it would increase water flow rates etc... Which i would have thought you would need if there is a second rad present?

Series is one after the other and paralel is using a y-spliter to seperate the flow into two streams and then giving each stream a radiator and then putting them back together again. Parallel is considered the better option because it does not increasse the pressure and the water travels half the speed so gets cooled better. If you still do not understand what parallel is google a bit and you should find some nice drawings.

If you have 2 pumps and 2 radiators most people would just make 2 different loops. One for the processor and the other for videocard and chipset.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Ok, say i was to forget about having 2 pumps, but still have two radiators. One before the waterblock and one after, with the pump inbetween the 2 rads. What would that be like, would the pump be able to cope with pushing the liwuid through 2 rads or what?? Its a standard 12v DC pump that pushes a 120 L/hr ?

joelkyr

dragon2309 said:
would the pump be able to cope with pushing the liwuid through 2 rads or what?? Its a standard 12v DC pump that pushes a 120 L/hr ?
With your pump's specification(120L/hr), yes it will, but the flow would be much slower and besides, your loop is not a closed one, why would you need 2 rad cooling 1 block, adding another RAD wont make a big difference in temp(.5C to 1C drop). :)

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
wont make a big difference in temp(.5C to 1C drop).

Is it really that little, ok, perhaps i wont get another one then, bit of a waste of money really. I was just wondering if my temps are a little high for water cooling, idle is around 42-44 C and load is 55 C. Are they normal.

P.S. I overclocked it from 2.8 to 3.25Ghz.... oh yeah and its a prescott LOL, he he ;)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Is it really that little, ok, perhaps i wont get another one then, bit of a waste of money really. I was just wondering if my temps are a little high for water cooling, idle is around 42-44 C and load is 55 C. Are they normal.

P.S. I overclocked it from 2.8 to 3.25Ghz.... oh yeah and its a prescott LOL, he he
Hell i got 34-42C for my S478 Prescott @3.6 on air. Something definitely off with that setup if you cant get the temps down using water