Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Air Cooling.

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • The 'other' selection

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

Archangel

VIP Member
water cooling can be nice.. but the only thing water cooling has different than air cooling as that you can but a much bigger heatsink onto it (aka, the radiator) and that it can be put outside the case.

basicly, watercooling and a heatsink wich heatpipes are the same.. except that water cooling requires a pump because the 'heatpipe' is a lot bigger.

ADE

banned
^^^ Good point?.......Then again....forget it, air is nice, but what about putting it in a deep freezer?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Air cooling for me m8, something just doesnt seem right about water and electrics!

Same here...I dont like the idea of having water cooling just incase a leak develops for some reason....Then there goes your mobo and whatever it takes with it:D

Even worser if its a brand new C2D E6600 system:D that cost you a furtune:D

MatrixEVO

I think that water cooling along with air cooling is the best way to go. If you just use water, heat will still accumulate in your case, so air cooling will move that heat out for you.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think that water cooling along with air cooling is the best way to go. If you just use water, heat will still accumulate in your case, so air cooling will move that heat out for you.

Yeah i see alot of people who have water cooling still have a few fans on the side or back of the case.

I would just prefer to buy a good quality case and quality low noise fans.

ckfordy

banned
Air cooling for me dont want to spend the money on watercooling or risk having a leak and ruining my computer parts.