Watercooling help

MineIQ1701

I want to look into water cooling my CPU (not my graphics cards) but I know absolutely nothing about setting up a loop. So I was wondering if you wouldnt mind putting togeather a list for me of some potential parts ( I do know that I want blue tubing/coolant) I have no budget as of right now since I have no idea what this will cost. Specs are in the signature.

Spesh

You need the following:

- Reservoir (drivebay or cylindrical)
- Radiator
- Fans and fan controller
- Pump (D5 or DDC depending on reservoir)
- Cpu block
- Coolant

You then need to choose what size hose you want (I like 1/2"ID 3/4"OD). Then you will need a variety of compression fittings/barbs that will fit the size of the hose you are using.

MineIQ1701

Is rather have you guys design a kit, I trust yoy guys more. And as for the resevoir, I would like a drive bay .

Spesh

I have zero experience with them, but I know Corsair sells complete watercooling kits.

They sell closed loop kits. They don't really offer any better performance than a decent air cooler.

@ MineIQ - it's worthwhile that you read up on the topic rather than just have one of use design you a kit, as this is something that you are going to have to assemble and maintain yourself. So you do actually need to have some knowledge of what you are doing.

Last edited:

Okedokey

I would recommend:

EK-Supreme HF EN Nickel - CPU Block

Koolance Copper Core CU1402V High Flow

Koolance PMP-450 12V Variable Speed Pump

XSPC Acrylic Dual 5.25” Reservoir

Tygon 3603 Tubing 1/2 ID - 2 meters max

Thermal Paste

EK-Ekoolant Clear (premix 1000mL)

Peruse the above parts and this will give you the idea. The pump lives in the reservoir nicely (its a Lang D5 pump rebadged so quality). The coolant is necessary (don't believe detractors) and don't put any silver in (the coolant does a better job, and extra types of metal - even silver - increases the chance of corrosion). I chose the clear stuff as an example).

The reservoir is great actually, because you can slide it partially out, and fill it up with a watering can into the hole in its top. Turn on the PC, continue to fill and job done. I didn't get one leak.

Check the radiator will fit, also considering the space it will take inside the case. Depending on your case, it may protrude over the motherboard clashing with things like northbridge heatsinks etc.

Last edited:

MineIQ1701

Oh, I will be fine case wise (I have the HAF X), and thanks, Ill look into the parts as far as the US goes.