Watercooling setup

Vipernitrox

I've got no experience when it comes to watercooling. Just did some reading up about it. I was bored yesterday so i've put together a little list for a watercooling setup.

Hardware:
- Antec 1200
- DFI Lanparty LT X-48 T2R

I was thinking about cooling my cpu and nb. I'm assuming my case is the antec 1200 (which i'll probably be buying). The pump will stand on a tray in the 5.25 drive bays and the radiator will be hung on the onside on the back.

I don't know what you call the thing you use to connect the radiator and stuff to the tube so i'll refer to it as the socket???.

The list:
- XSPC X2O 750 Pump 49,95
- Swiftech Apogee GTZ 69,95
- MIPS DFI LANparty P35 / X38 / X48 Northbridge Freezer 39,89
- TFC Xchanger 240 Double 69,95
- 10MM (3/8) Feser socket???- G1/4 4x 18,36
- Bitspower G1/4 Silver Shining Rotary Angel 3/8 socket??? 2x 41,98
- Feser Tube UV - 3/8 ID - 1/2 OD - ACID GREEN 3m 20,70
- Feser VSC - Heat Carrier 500ML 2x 23,90

Total: 334,69

The flow direction will be: pump - radiator - cpu - nb

drawing1enggi6.jpg

Am i forgetting anything here? Is this a good setup?

taylormsj

And the water temperature throughout the loop is within around 1 c anywhere in the loop, so there isnt realy a warm bit and cold bit of water, looks like a good set of components apart from the pump, go for a laing DDC pump or D5 pump.
Good loop order and the 'sockets' are called barbs :)

Vipernitrox

And the water temperature throughout the loop is within around 1 c anywhere in the loop, so there isnt realy a warm bit and cold bit of water, looks like a good set of components apart from the pump, go for a laing DDC pump or D5 pump.
Good loop order and the 'sockets' are called barbs :)

ah ok. and yea i was thinking about getting a laing ddc or d5 anyway. no sense in all getting high grade components and get a crappy pump... it's like getting a high end pc with a crappy oem psu or something.

ahhh yes barbs... should've known that.

taylormsj

I disaggree,

pump - radiator - cpu - bnb - resevoir - pump would be best IMO, but the temperature difference will not be extremly noticeable either way round, i have done both, pump - rad - block was about 2 degrees lower

funkysnair

VIP Member
i have mine- pump->cpu->resivour->radiator and im acheiving 20oC in real temp 2.70 just surfing the net q6600 @3.1ghz