watercooling woes

pdc76

i just got a rocketfish full tower case for my sig setup. this thing is huge. now i have enough room to build a good watercooling setup. i have no idea which parts are good and need some recommendations. i want to piece it together, not get a kit. that way i can space it over the course of a few weeks, and get better quality stuff. i've seen some with multiple pumps and radiators, and i think i want to go in that direction. i will be getting a 3rd 8800 gtx in a couple of months, so i would like to include that in the system as well. pretty much what pumps, what radiators, and what waterblocks should i get. money isn't so much the issue, i want good stuff.

thanks guys

Geoff

VIP Member
Get the Apogee GTZ for the waterblock and the Swiftech MCP655 pump. I'd also get a dual/triple 120mm radiator. The rest is up to you. :)

fade2green514

thicker tubing requires a really nice pump. water cooling isnt worth the money and maintenance imo... all that testing and the possibility of a leak isnt worth it to me. and even then, your computer becomes immobile. what if a friend has a lan party? or what if you move it to a different room in your house? annooyyyinngg..

pdc76

my pc hasn't moved in ages, and friends come to my house for games. i just want to try it, it's something i've never done and i'm tired of the same old thing. i can't really upgrade the parts much more, so i need something else to waste my money on, lol. anyone else have any preferences on parts? vga blocks perhaps?

just a noob

i generally prefer full cover blocks for video, you may or may not want to watercool the chipsets, and if you really have money to throw, get thermochill rads

funkysnair

VIP Member
thicker tubing requires a really nice pump. water cooling isnt worth the money and maintenance imo... all that testing and the possibility of a leak isnt worth it to me. and even then, your computer becomes immobile. what if a friend has a lan party? or what if you move it to a different room in your house? annooyyyinngg..

your computer becomes immobile?

depends on how you have your setup, if you can fit everything inside like me then your computer will be the same as it was before just cooler ;)

the mentanence that is required is to blow out the dust from the rad like you should do to your pc anyway and that is all the maintenance ive needed to do and im on to my 2nd setup!

just make sure you dont buy cheap rubish, the pump that omega advised is the one i have and its very good!!!

i have a D-TEK fusion water block with an excelerator nozzle pack

Last edited:

CmoAMD

I love water cooling it's easy and nearly impossible to get a leak if you tried. Hardly any maintenance at all. I know you said you don't want a kit but I've used this system about 5 times on different pc's. I highly recommend it all their parts are quality. They have great reviews and even some on YouTube so you can see it too!

Asetek waterchill (triple extreme being the best)