Web Pages wont display

jgroves74

Hi there,
Wonder if you can help me. I have Vista on my new laptop. I have a wireless connection, which works no problem, and I can check my email on the Windows Mail no worries but when I go to load a web page it says the page cant be displayed. Any ideas?
Thanks
Jo

Ambushed

So it will actually download your email but when you try and load a web page it won't load?

Could you tell me what web browser you are using please.

jgroves74

Sorry I use Outlook to read my mail....am using internet explorer. not sure what version but i expect the newest beings am on vista?

jgroves74

I cant get a webpage up to download firefox....am using my works pc so there is no way i can download it here....:-(

God

Well,
Obviosly your internet conection isnt any good.
There is one thing you can try;
goto Tools; Internet Options or w.e; Clear all your cookies, history and everything..
Then try it.
Worked for me when my internet went funny and wouldnt load up sites.

adarsh

jgroves74, try this :

Go to Tools and select, "Internet Options".
  • Click on the tab, "Connections" and select, "Setup"
  • Now, select, Wireless Connection and choose your WiFi connection from the list provided.
  • Save this connection for future use.

cohen

OK, first thing to do is, on another PC, download CCleaner and transfer over to the other PC (not working one) and run ccleaner.

*NOTE* CCleaner deletes EVERYTHING out of temp/temporary folders. If you have anything in a temp folder, back it up or move it to a permanent folder prior to running CCleaner!

Download CCleaner from here to clean temp files from your computer.
  • Double click on the file to start the installation of the program.
  • Select your language and click OK, then next.
  • Read the license agreement and click I Agree.
  • Click next to use the default install location. Click Install then finish to complete installation.
  • Double click the CCleaner shortcut on the desktop to start the program.
  • On the "Windows" tab, under "Internet Explorer," uncheck "Cookies" if you do not want them deleted. (If deleted, you will likely need to reenter your passwords at all sites where a cookie is used to recognize you when you visit).
  • If you use either the Firefox or Mozilla browsers, the box to uncheck for "Cookies" is on the Applications tab, under Firefox/Mozilla.
  • Click on the "Options" icon at the left side of the window, then click on "Advanced."
    deselect "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours."
  • Click on the "Cleaner" icon on the left side of the window, then click Run Cleaner to run the program.
  • Caution: It is not recommended that you use the "Issues" feature unless you are very familiar with the registry as it has been known to find legitimate items.
  • After CCleaner has completed its process, click Exit.

Download: CCleaner (freeware)
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4191.html
Run the installer, and uncheck the option to install Yahoo toolbar (unless you want Yahoo toolbar).
Once installed, run CCleaner click the Windows [tab]
The following should be selected by default, if not, please select:
CCleanerA.png

Next: click Options click the Settings tab
Uncheck: "Only delete files older than 48 hrs.", click Ok
Then click Run Cleaner (bottom right) then Exit

jgroves74

Hey Guys....I have re installed IE7 and also got Firefox on my laptop too now, and it still wont let me browse any web pages. Like I said I have perfect wireless network connection. I have pinged the router and web pages and all working fine, so something somewhere is stopping me from browsing. I have even switched the firewall off and on to see if that makes a difference. My housemate is using the same network on her PC, could it be her PC at all? She cannot use MSN and IE7 either although she can browse the internet using an AOL browser...any help i would be so grateful for as this is doing my head in!!! Thanks all.