Weird Problem

Ghosty53

Hey guys i gave this weird problem i am using DI634M dlink router and a WG511T wireless card and using optus cable modem i have had trouble with frequent drop outs tried all the normal stuff with not much success but what i have noticed is if i open a web site like youtube and start watching a video till both lights start flashing on the wireles card and then pause the video and then minimise to the tray i can then browse the web by opening another browser window or download stuff and have no drop outs or probs for hours on end i have tried this several times and it works every time?What gives any ideas? Thanks

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
sounds like your time-out is too short... i'm not familiar with the configuration of these devices but i would suggest you try and set the connection time out to it maximum

Do you have the router hooked into your desktop and then your cable modem hooked into your wireless router? Or do you have the cable modem hooked to your computer through USB and then the router hooked into your modem? or do you not even have it hooked to a desktop?

elitehacker

That is one loooooooooooooooooooong sentence.

LOL I agree, use some pauses and commas man.

Regarding your drop outs, how good is your reception? I have a wireless network and I know it constantly drops out if the signal strength is poor and its really annoying.

Ghosty53

Cable from wall goes to modem,then from modem to router and then router to desktop....Signal strength is excellent and says im connected when it drops out,but on laptop card console says connected to router!,,,,and as you can gather punctuation is not somthing that im into ..lol