Weird start menu

austinz33

Ok guys so my cousin cleaned out my computer (Windows Xp) and when I get it wont sync my Ipod touch and i know why. The start menu is very strange. I cant find my computer. All it is,is 1 column going all the way up and the icons on it from bottom to top are run,help,search,settings,documents,programs and that all no my computer or anything. Please guys and gals help me resolve this by getting it back to normal.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Ok guys so my cousin cleaned out my computer (Windows Xp) and when I get it wont sync my Ipod touch and i know why. The start menu is very strange. I cant find my computer. All it is,is 1 column going all the way up and the icons on it from bottom to top are run,help,search,settings,documents,programs and that all no my computer or anything. Please guys and gals help me resolve this by getting it back to normal.

Repair your Windows XP operating system using your Windows XP CD-ROM disk.
It would be good that also the service pack on your Windows XP CD-ROM disk is the same as the one on your computer or newer...

Have a nice day!

deanj20

You can right click on the Start menu and go to Properties-->Advanced and change the appearance of your Start Menu there. Then you can go to Start-->Run and type "msconfig" <enter>

Take a look at the Startup and Services tab and look for iPod related items and be sure that they're checked. (Bonjour, iPod Service, iTunes helper, etc)

Post back and let us know if that solves your problem.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
You can right click on the Start menu and go to Properties-->Advanced and change the appearance of your Start Menu there. Then you can go to Start-->Run and type "msconfig" <enter>

Take a look at the Startup and Services tab and look for iPod related items and be sure that they're checked. (Bonjour, iPod Service, iTunes helper, etc)

Post back and let us know if that solves your problem.

I agree.
Try that first before attempting the repair...

austinz33

Guys it will not show up no matter what i do. It comes up as a camera and I cannot get it to show up in itunes. please help guys.

deanj20

Unplug the iPod from the PC.

Go to Start-->Control Panel-->Add and Remove Programs and uninstall everything Apple.

Then go to Start-->Control Panel-->System-->Device manager and look under Universal Serial Bus Controllers for Apple Mobile Device, right click it and uninstall it (if it's there.)

Download and install the latest iTunes. http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

After installation is complete, plug in your iPod and see if it recognizes it. Post back here w your results.

Also, did you get your start menu fixed?