What can you do with a ps3?

bm23

i hope im not breaking any rule by discussing it. you know how we can do tons of stuff with the psp (homebrew softwares)? i just got my ps3 today and i was wondering if we can do anything like that for the ps3. i know we can install linux on it. other than that? oh, im not only askin for "hacks" but also cool, legal stuff.

Turbo10

Dunoo you could get some emulators and play retro games like street fighter! yay im getting a PSP for xmas and that what im guna do. You can get windows on it not just linux. You can fold on it but thats boring

El DJ

Dunoo you could get some emulators and play retro games like street fighter! yay im getting a PSP for xmas and that what im guna do. You can get windows on it not just linux. You can fold on it but thats boring
But probably leads to the best folding ever.

FairDoos

Dont really no many because i dont have one (Xbox FTW) Try checking out Youtube they will have some good things you could do on there..

N3crosis

You can drop it off a roof numerous times, and count how many times it takes for it to break. Alternatively you could do what normal people do on one.

m0nk3ys1ms

You can sell it. Then, take the money and buy another PS3. Then repeat that process over and over. It would be like a shitty Christmas every day.

conorrules_88

Ps3 ftw

playstation 3 ****s over xbox 360, i have both and from day one ive had problems with my xbox, and thats new, i have had my playstation for over a year now and its awsome.

Not to mention Xbox 360 is the lowest selling console of ALL TIME.

Pac-man beats xbox 360, whats even worse microsoft are gay, they even make you pay to play online. ps3 has inbuilt wireless, motion sensing controllers, the controllers are like 1000000x lighter then the xbox 360 controllers, they have inbuilt batteries, so you dont have to keep buy more batteries or pay extra like xbox. Just to get me started. and they have Blueray.

In my opinion if you had to choose between either get the PS3

Bob Jeffery

playstation 3 ****s over xbox 360, i have both and from day one ive had problems with my xbox, and thats new, i have had my playstation for over a year now and its awsome.

Not to mention Xbox 360 is the lowest selling console of ALL TIME.

Pac-man beats xbox 360, whats even worse microsoft are gay, they even make you pay to play online. ps3 has inbuilt wireless, motion sensing controllers, the controllers are like 1000000x lighter then the xbox 360 controllers, they have inbuilt batteries, so you dont have to keep buy more batteries or pay extra like xbox. Just to get me started. and they have Blueray.

In my opinion if you had to choose between either get the PS3

ftm_food_fail.jpg

bm23

because i only own a ps3, im gona defend my decision. not to start a war or anything. i do agree that the xbox360 has a better collection of game (for now). but like many people complained, it has quite a few problems, esp heating. for the ps3, well, it doesnt have that much fantastic game yet (there are quite a few to be released this year). but other than that, gota say its pretty good. like the blue-ray, free online multiplayer and its hardware potential. now, some may say that tests show that many games look better on the xbox but shouldnt we consider that fact that it may be a poorly port over for the ps3? just my thought.

TechRookie

PS3:

Watch most movie formats on it, even though it mainly advertises that it reads mp4 format only.

Play a decent range of games at very high quality graphics and gamelplay

Use it to store movies, music and pictures

speak to other ps3 owners online using a webcam/mike and the ps3 chat tool

play online for FREE

download content from online

surf the net

im probably leaving plenty of stuff out, but thats the main stuff. ps3 is well good, and the whole ps3 vs xbox thing is always gonna go on... but if u have a ps3, u spent ur money wisely. just look after it and it will look after you!

footballstevo75

You can sell it. Then, take the money and buy another PS3. Then repeat that process over and over. It would be like a shitty Christmas every day.

Bashes against PS3, wow. All the things you get with PS3 are unbelievable, lets see:
Blu Ray, Wireless integrated, and bluetooth for starters.

It is a really powerful machine and I love mine plus Socom and GT5 I couldn't live without SO I own a ps3.

To the OP check out streaming media from your pc to the ps3 via Tversity, it's awesome.

Also remote play with the PSP is AWESOME.

EDIT-Also get MGS4 awesome and not available on xbox cause it would take like 10 dvds lol.

Last edited:

Bob Jeffery

because i only own a ps3, im gona defend my decision. not to start a war or anything. i do agree that the xbox360 has a better collection of game (for now). but like many people complained, it has quite a few problems, esp heating. for the ps3, well, it doesnt have that much fantastic game yet (there are quite a few to be released this year). but other than that, gota say its pretty good. like the blue-ray, free online multiplayer and its hardware potential. now, some may say that tests show that many games look better on the xbox but shouldnt we consider that fact that it may be a poorly port over for the ps3? just my thought.

Lol I was telling the dude fail because he was putting down the 360 when you were asking what to do the the ps3 and nothing to do with buying a 360 lol. I love my ps3 add me roflcopter70 !

EGS

banned
I don't understand how hacking a PS3 is illegal. It's yours...I mean once you purchase it, the hardware and software is basically yours... >_<;

It's like hacking into your own computer...I just don't get some stuff I guess.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I don't understand how hacking a PS3 is illegal. It's yours...I mean once you purchase it, the hardware and software is basically yours... >_<;

It's like hacking into your own computer...I just don't get some stuff I guess.

Hacking the hardware isn't illegal it just voids warranty. Any pirated software you use after you hack it is illegal.