What do you think about Avatar, the game?

Masterfulks

It's a game based off a movie.

Those mostly fail. Especially if it's release date is tied in with the film.

The reviews I see for the game are average. I guess if I really loved the movie I'd play it. However I found the movie to be about average.

lubo4444

It's a game based off a movie.

Those mostly fail. Especially if it's release date is tied in with the film.

The reviews I see for the game are average. I guess if I really loved the movie I'd play it. However I found the movie to be about average.

Yeah you have a good point here.

HumanMage

If I'm not mistaken PC Gamer gave it a very low score, and left a comment "don't bother". Like dude said, most movie games fail (Goldeneye was good :D)

ganzey

banned
its weird, games based off movies suck, but moviesbased on games(like max payne) are pretty good. they should make a GTA movie.

its weird, games based off movies suck, but moviesbased on games(like max payne) are pretty good. they should make a GTA movie.

Er I've seen almost no good video game movies. There's Uwe Boll taking a huge crap on anything he takes over. Then you have movies like silent hill, doom and resident evil. And the Super Mario Bros movie :p I mean I don't know if I've ever seen a video game movie that was all that great.

lubo4444

Ok thanks guys. I wont bother to look forward to this game then. :) Just thought it might be cool but from what i see i guess it will be a waste of time. Thanks again.

Aastii

VIP Member

-1, just about no game based movie has ever been good. The only good thing about them that I can think of is when they made tomb raider and angelina jolie was running about with half her tits out and short shorts on...that was worth watching :p however it was a dire film still though :p

Last edited:

awildgoose

hmmm... Mario the movie. that'd be worth watching. :D

It was entertaining, well there are a lot better movies, but just because it is Mario and Luigi it is awesome.

And to the general conversation, there really hasn't been a good movie > game game I have liked. Well there is Star Wars Battlefront and the second one, but they are not just one story and I did like Batman Arkham Asylum but the same thing again, it is not based really off of any movie, it's really just bad guys from the comics but into a game.

So I think that the Avatar game will most likely just be like any other movie > game, they try to follow the movie's story but it's too short for a game so they add a bunch of other stuff you have no idea what it is.

computernoob1

-1, just about no game based movie has ever been good. The only good thing about them that I can think of is when they made tomb raider and angelina jolie was running about with half her tits out and short shorts on...that was worth watching :p however it was a dire film still though :p

Resident Evil was pretty good, but the 3rd is weird

lubo4444

haahah :D :D :D .