What Graphics Card & Processor?

ShelbyDD5

Hello,

I bought a new Dell not to long ago.
Here is the model.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11038072

I am wanting to do a lot of gaming on it so what Graphics card & processor can I put in the system.

Gaming
- COD5
- COD4 Modern Warfare 2
- Section 8
and many more.

So I am needing something good that will not LAG!
It is a slim style case so I think my options are limited.

Wanting to spend $300.00 or below for both if I can.
Also please post a link if you can.

Shelby,

Last edited:

mx344

DUDE, return that DELL. it is sooo overpriced compared to what you cant build one for...

You can build a new am3 quadcore set up for that price lol.

Return it, and then you can tell us more about what your gonna use it for.
maybe sumone will make a build, im to lazy right now, being that its 1 am right now.

ShelbyDD5

DUDE, return that DELL. it is sooo overpriced compared to what you cant build one for...

You can build a new am3 quadcore set up for that price lol.

Return it, and then you can tell us more about what your gonna use it for.
maybe sumone will make a build, im to lazy right now, being that its 1 am right now.

Edited topic, Kinda want to return it but then I don't.

jevery

You have a slimline case, and from what I can tell from google searches you have a 250w power supply. This severely limits your options to upgrade graphics - Low profile cards with low power requiremants only. Personally I wouldn't upgrade the CPU or invest much more in it given the limitations from the case size and the PSU. I'd go with a graphics card upgrade only. Maybe a 4550 like this. Should have enough room and power for it. I'd rather have the 4650, but that's probably pushing the boundaries in size and power requirements.

mx344

^haha me personally i would go with a 22' up i could save over 70 bucks the last time i checked...

ShelbyDD5

Missing the 24 inch widescreen montior... lol JK. but, yeah... why does anyone buying a 800 dollar computer need a big ass monitor. w/e

Well I like BIG monitors.

This will be my second computer for the house. Other computer upstairs I had a friend custom build it and running two 24 inch monitors.

But overall I think I am just going to keep the Dell and make a side project for a gaming computer.

EGamerHDK

Well I like BIG monitors.

This will be my second computer for the house. Other computer upstairs I had a friend custom build it and running two 24 inch monitors.

But overall I think I am just going to keep the Dell and make a side project for a gaming computer.

Yeah, actually fedex just delivered my new 19 inch monitors. SO, I'll be setting up dual 2 19 inch dual screens in a sec. Also, got my new color laser printer.
Yay.

UpskirtHayley

everybody saying "built your own"

i would say the same but i come to realize that not everyone have the knowlege. although it is simple like lego but there is people out there that just like my niece and sister that dont know much and not a guru of pc hardware and never open a pc case before so there not familiar with assembling and building.

they usually buy branded prebuild computers automatically thinking its good just cause of the brand. most people think alienware is the best although we can build ourself with that price and higher specs.

anyway if they dont care about price vs specs or ect... buying a prebuild from local retail then buy additional parts is nothing wrong.

forgive me if i offended anyone cause i dont mean to.

mx344

everybody saying "built your own"

i would say the same but i come to realize that not everyone have the knowlege. although it is simple like lego but there is people out there that just like my niece and sister that dont know much and not a guru of pc hardware and never open a pc case before so there not familiar with assembling and building.

they usually buy branded prebuild computers automatically thinking its good just cause of the brand. most people think alienware is the best although we can build ourself with that price and higher specs.

anyway if they dont care about price vs specs or ect... buying a prebuild from local retail then buy additional parts is nothing wrong.

forgive me if i offended anyone cause i dont mean to.

Well the only reason we suggeted to build is because he previously said "if i should take my dell back and build at gaming pc, or keep the dell."
so ya i know what you mean, but in this case i thought it was nessessary seeing that he wanted to know which one he should choose.

None taken:)