what happens after XP?

Lamilia

oh 2006 thats pretty soon cool. what happened to calling it windows then the year? and while im asking about windows what is XP suppose to stand for

Geoff

VIP Member
Dilly man 2 said:
price?
i may wait then buy that, if it comes out within 2 monthes...
I dont think they told us a price yet, id guess several hundred dollars.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Everything is expensive when it first comes out. XP was this way, it used to cost $200+ or so didn't it? Now you can pick up a copy for $75. Just wait a bit and buy it later. I have no plans of getting it until i get a powerful computer, and that might be a year or more until it's complete.

Mibs

Lamilia said:
oh 2006 thats pretty soon cool. what happened to calling it windows then the year? and while im asking about windows what is XP suppose to stand for

XP stands for "EXPERIENCE"

Isn't that neat.

ueon

ya, windows vista, its still really buggy though, my friend got it off bittorrent and didnt like that much.

Lamilia

ok so like im talking to you from a windows 2000 pentium 3 computer i got for $100 and its like my first computer that is all mine (that has DSL anyways) and yeah...anyways im probably going to stick with windows for a while the only thing i liked in that list of windows vista features was the fast start up thing

vortmax

ueon said:
ya, windows vista, its still really buggy though, my friend got it off bittorrent and didnt like that much.

That's called a beta.... B--E--T--A as in test version to find and eliminate bugs. Besides, there are a ton of drivers not yet released for Vista, so it's no suprise it ran like crap.

Curt

vortmax said:
That's called a beta.... B--E--T--A as in test version to find and eliminate bugs. Besides, there are a ton of drivers not yet released for Vista, so it's no suprise it ran like crap.

On top of that, its an unreleased OS that was downloaded through the net, who knows if:

1. It's been tampered with or not
2. If it's even the latest beta release.

jae1227

Yeah and also Vesta is 64-Bit (I don't exactly know what that means All I know is that most processor now use 32-Bit) so I do not know haw may people could run it with out getting a new computer

Geoff

VIP Member
4W4K3 said:
Everything is expensive when it first comes out. XP was this way, it used to cost $200+ or so didn't it? Now you can pick up a copy for $75. Just wait a bit and buy it later. I have no plans of getting it until i get a powerful computer, and that might be a year or more until it's complete.
It still costs about $300 for XP Pro Retail at stores, lol

jae1227 said:
Yeah and also Vesta is 64-Bit (I don't exactly know what that means All I know is that most processor now use 32-Bit) so I do not know haw may people could run it with out getting a new computer
I believe there making a 32 and 64 bit version.