What is better AMD or Intel

Tuffie

In b4 fl4me w4r.

Rofl, although I do prefer Intel and have for ages, AMD are great when your on a budget.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Both processors get the job done. The only difference is how much your wallet weights when the job is done.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Intel has the advantage at the moment. Their dual and quad cores outperform AMD's.

apj101

VIP Member
both are roughly the same in terms of price vs performance.
sure intel may offer some better performing chips atm, but they are priced accordingly

AMD Fanboy

why do i feel like my opinion will have the effect of walking into a crowded bar and the record skips then everyone gets quiet....................

Intel does have a viable chip at this point, however, i'm sure you know where my alegence lies. If you want to run a Crossfire Setup with the rockin' new 4850s or 4870s instead of spending hundreds of dollars more for an only MARGINALLY better setup with Nvidia, then AMD is your choice. Currently i admit *CHOKE, COUGH* that Intel *CHOKE, COUGH* is the faster part *CHOKE, COUGH*, but AMD may be more forward looking. What could be better than a CPU maufacturer that also has a top notch Graphics Card Company?

Mocrack

It depends, if you want a computer thats good with media and games go for AMD, if it's a home or office computer you want get an intel one.

AMD Fanboy

Whoa!! Go easy on the guy!! I don't rip on you guys like that for using a Dell. If you do, i should though.

Geoff

VIP Member
It depends, if you want a computer thats good with media and games go for AMD, if it's a home or office computer you want get an intel one.
When that article was written, then yes that was the case. Not anymore however.