What laptop should i get?

ivanna

I am a college student looking for a laptop. I have access to wireless internet and i want a laptop that runs relatively fast and is going to last a while. The main things i need on it are internet, microsoft office, and be able to stream movies. I prefer it be under $800. Could you help me decide on a good laptop?

cohen

Might be best to customize a HP, dell ain't good really.....

Where are you in the world?

/\E

Might be best to customize a HP, dell ain't good really.....

Where are you in the world?

What says Dell is bad? Have you any experience with a Dell or are you going by the 'he said, she said' method?

@ OP Try a Macbook, if you have an Apple store nearby, go try one out. You might like it and you might not... If you do go try one out at the Apple store, be sure to mess around in iWork '08. Some ppl take to it and love it. Might want to expand your budget for a Macbook.

They also have an educational discount and you get a free iPod after rebate.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook?mco=MTE3MjA

Jhow

@ OP Try a Macbook, if you have an Apple store nearby, go try one out. You might like it and you might not... If you do go try one out at the Apple store, be sure to mess around in iWork '08. Some ppl take to it and love it. Might want to expand your budget for a Macbook.
/macbook?mco=MTE3MjA[/url]

I wouldn't let whether or not you like iwork stop you from buying a mac. Macs can run microsoft office and open office.org so that shouldn't deter you.

cohen

What says Dell is bad? Have you any experience with a Dell or are you going by the 'he said, she said' method?

yes i have, motherboard cracked in one, sound card failed in the other.

They also have an educational discount and you get a free iPod after rebate.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook?mco=MTE3MjA

Wouldn't say a Macbook, because it is out of the budget, and more people can use windows, and mostly everything is compatible with windows and it is easier for people to understand windows.

I wouldn't let whether or not you like iwork stop you from buying a mac. Macs can run microsoft office and open office.org so that shouldn't deter you.

+ 1