What new laptop should I get? (video editing / gaming)

I'm looking to buy a new laptop. i make a lot of videos for youtube and i make a lot of machinima videos for youtube too. I play the sims 1-4 (mostly sims 2 and sims 1) and gta 3, vice, San andreas, and even gta 4 and gta 5 (i rarely ever play gta 5 but im looking to get into it) and elder scrolls oblivion from time to time (i use all of those games to make videos) and i also edit my videos with sony vegas and i add in other effects with a program called 'particle illusion'

I'm looking for a laptop that can render videos at fast as possible (or at a decent speed atleast, i render all my videos as 1080 Wmv files) and that can run games like the ones i listed smoothly with good graphics. Space doesn't really seem that important to me because i could put my stuff on external harddrives, but it'd would definitely be good to have.

does anyone have any recommendations for a good laptop i could look into? if it's possible to find one that can meet those requirements?

i was looking into this laptop, but i'm not exactly sure if it would be the right one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0150PK5U...olid=1K6PVU4MRK8ZM&coliid=IT8R5ME24O0IZ&psc=1

does anyone have any suggestions? preferably for ones avalible on amazon.com, but it doesn't really matter i guess. Please help :)

Punk

Staff member
For that kind of work (video editing) why not get a desktop? It would be less expansive and more powerful.

Where are you shopping from? That way we can send you link from stores in your country.

spirit

Staff member
That MSI machine with the i7 and the NVIDIA card should be fine. Basically you'll want a proper quad-core i7 (an HQ model like the MSI has) and a discrete NVIDIA card but Punk is right, a desktop will be cheaper and more powerful.

If you want the absolute best then really you want something with an NVIDIA Quadro card. I think the ThinkPad P50 and P70 models do and Dell and HP probably have a couple of workstation-grade laptops that do too. But beware, those laptops will be big, heavy, expensive and have woeful battery life, but they will do what you want them to do. It depends if you're prepared to pay the price for portability.

Intel_man

VIP Member
A high end Quadro card option for those Thinkpads and Dells would alone cost the same or more than that MSI laptop though. LOL

i just wanted a laptop so i could take it with me more easily. i know i'll have to plug it in but that's fine with me. and i wanted to get it from amazon.com.
does anyone have any links to anything that could work?

spirit

Staff member
i just wanted a laptop so i could take it with me more easily. i know i'll have to plug it in but that's fine with me. and i wanted to get it from amazon.com.
does anyone have any links to anything that could work?
Well the MSI would get the job done fine with its i7 and discrete NVIDIA graphics so I'd say if you like that laptop, buy it.

Intel_man

VIP Member
It'll be good enough?

What's your budget?

To be honest, if you want anything much more powerful you're going to paying an arm and a leg for it!
It's true... squeezing the little extra performance will cause the price to exponentially grow.

It'll be good enough?

What's your budget?

It's true... squeezing the little extra performance will cause the price to exponentially grow.

my budget was 2,000$ but right now im broke. i can't get a job right now (long story...)
but i am holding a gofundme on my youtube channel but had no luck with it so far. but i'll keep trying :) im gonna get the MSI laptop

Nevi

Make sure your OS run on a SSD.They are so cheap today,and they give you most bang for your buck.Then you can have a big ordinary one to save games etc.

emeraldsoft

For video editing or any multimedia task, you must have a laptop designed with specifications for editing or gaming. A lenovo thinkpad or a Delle can be good for that.