what software do you buy

mx344

umm i bought some recording software for my laptop, so i can edit sounds and record and all that fun stuff.

I usually buy software that is a full free version, but the one that costs offers more.

Like superantispyware, ive had it for years, so i bought it just to kinda say thx for providing me with free computer protection, plus i like the software.:)

But other than that, i dont buy to much.

OvenMaster

VIP Member
I'm on a very tight budget, so I always look for free software before I'm forced to actually pay for it.

One software that I was happy to pay for, though, was Nero 6 Ultra Suite. $50 from eBay.
Another was Paint Shop Pro version 5.3. Used. $5.
Microsoft Works version 6. $20. Office and OpenOffice are way more than I need.

That's it. Everything else (except for games and OS) has been free.

Last edited:

Candy

I generally don't buy much, I find free programs to do the stuff I need doing.
I did just buy Microsoft Office 2007 though. I had a copy that I got off a friend so it wasn't genuine, somehow it worked out it wasn't genuine and I got a message so thought I should get a legit version, even though I can still use the copy I have. Waiting for an email with my product key now, its been a week!

OvenMaster

VIP Member
@OvenMaster why did you by MS works?
Well, M$ Office is expensive++. Works can read and save word processing documents, spreadsheets, and databases in the same formats and extensions that Word, Excel, and Access use. Office doesn't include a database program (Access) that I use every day. Works includes a database program, as well as a Calendar program.

OpenOffice can't generate or print the full-page size charts I need like Works Spreadsheet can. Both OpenOffice and M$ Office are a lot more complicated than they need to be.

M$ Office and Access would cost me hundreds of dollars for features I'll never use. OpenOffice is OverKill. For $20, Works does exactly what I need.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Works

MayaLocke

I tend to buy applications that will increase my productivity. A good example is TypePilot a macro program.