What Web Browser Do You Use?

What Web Browser Do You Use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PCC_Australia

I've always leaned more towards the Firefox browser, but somehow Microsoft has really stepped it up for IE version 8.0 [yeah its the BETA version].

So i'm leaning more towards the IE vote, but until its entirely out of the BETA edition, ill still be using Firefox.

cohen

I've always leaned more towards the Firefox browser, but somehow Microsoft has really stepped it up for IE version 8.0 [yeah its the BETA version].

So i'm leaning more towards the IE vote, but until its entirely out of the BETA edition, ill still be using Firefox.

IE 8.0 is ok.... there were some faults when i started using it, and i only use it when i need to use IE... otherwise i use FF.

GameMaster

according to a widgit i downloaded ie had like 8 securty flaws and firefox had like 3

Prove it. I don't think it's the case now, especially for the IE 8.0.
Firefox is so...buggy for me. I've been using it for 3 weeks now and I had couple of problems that annoyed me, much worse than the IE little problems. FF restarts every while ( freezes and I shut it ) and then it doesn't even tell me to restore the session ( which normally I can choose to do ).
I'm just tired of people saying the same damn thing: IE sucks FF is great.
You never ever used IE did you? Screw what people say, they said Vista sucks and today every1 have one.:cool:

Punk

Staff member
Prove it. I don't think it's the case now, especially for the IE 8.0.
Firefox is so...buggy for me. I've been using it for 3 weeks now and I had couple of problems that annoyed me, much worse than the IE little problems. FF restarts every while ( freezes and I shut it ) and then it doesn't even tell me to restore the session ( which normally I can choose to do ).
I'm just tired of people saying the same damn thing: IE sucks FF is great.
You never ever used IE did you? Screw what people say, they said Vista sucks and today every1 have one.:cool:

Yeah I see, everyone chooses their browser from their experience.

IE is a Microsoft product and FF is a independent product from Mozilla. That being, hackers have more access over IE than on Mozilla.

shenry

EDIT: Little bit of a mis interpretation there.

Err more security flaws means it's less secure. Unless of course those 3 flaws are bigger than those 8...

Anyway I choose Fire Fox because I love the extensions and I'd consider it to be more secure. Also Firefox owns ie7 , and I have tried IE so I'm not just saying that because it's from microsoft or anything...

GameMaster

Wow...some jerk created the website for nothing-to link to firefox.com and humiliate IE 7. Which is really...pointless.

Considering that my current computer occupation is hacking ( with IE mostly ) I surely know a lot about browsers and all the security thing.

IE is as safe as your browsing is. It also has an add-on for privacy that's a lot better than any FF add-on, containing everything a hacker has to have except the brain.
Firefox is better and better downloading add-ons, there are millions of them and Firefox is also slower... Computer memory gets full of FF add-ons for this and that...while IE has everything installed immediately with only one possible add-on ( Privacy IE ). I really get annoyed when people who use firefox without even using IE before talk crap about it with a stupid unproved explanation. There are sooo many holes in all Windows OS-es that people rarely use IE to get in.

There are viruses for that, and FF is as virus-proof as it is IE, it's all in your brain.

IE is much more handy at the moment, with better favorites bar, better tab browsing and of course, higher speed/surfing.

IE beats Mozilla in most of the points, however I admit that after IE, FF is the greatest browser.

Christopher

VIP Member
Firefox!

Safari, because of its simple design and the speed is amazing and ofcourse te blu loading bar at the top :D
When I switched to Mac I started using Safari for day-to-day browsing. It's just so fast, and I'm an impatient person! Could never leave Firefox for web development, but Safari was always there when I wanted to surf.

But with the release of Firefox 3, I switched back. I still think the default theme is ugly but with GrApple it's nice. I also use this extension to bring back the blue loading bar ;)

m0nk3ys1ms

Firefox!

When I switched to Mac I started using Safari for day-to-day browsing. It's just so fast, and I'm an impatient person! Could never leave Firefox for web development, but Safari was always there when I wanted to surf.

But with the release of Firefox 3, I switched back. I still think the default theme is ugly but with GrApple it's nice. I also use this extension to bring back the blue loading bar ;)

Haven't seen you around here in a while! :p

Christopher

VIP Member
Haven't seen you around here in a while! :p
You know how it is! Busy busy. One of my servers was compromised and I was going through a bunch of sites changing passwords just in case there was some info laying around with login details. CF was a site on my list ;) Thought I'd look around while I was here.

Status
Not open for further replies.