Whats so bad about steam ? Let me in on the big secret

cykx

Before 1.6 came into supremacy, everybody bad mouthed it. Everybody crapped on steam also, so I quit cause I also couldnt find my cd key. Now im playing CS 1.6 with Steam and see no problem with it. Whats so bad about it ? Is there something I missed ? Also you can play 1.6 with out steam, altough it is pirated software, thats why im not posting links. But just look for what you want, youll find it if you need it.

ZER0X

VIP Member
cykx said:
Before 1.6 came into supremacy, everybody bad mouthed it. Everybody crapped on steam also, so I quit cause I also couldnt find my cd key. Now im playing CS 1.6 with Steam and see no problem with it. Whats so bad about it ? Is there something I missed ? Also you can play 1.6 with out steam, altough it is pirated software, thats why im not posting links. But just look for what you want, youll find it if you need it.

Before you could download offline steam, you had to play it online which was crap if you wanted to just play on LAN :) now it seams alright

Dsk954

I like steam but from what I heard from my friends was that they did not like it because it was poorly implimented. The friends list was down for like the first 3 or 4 months or so (which was a real pain) but I love it! I like the idea of having the game update itself when I start it so I dont have to search the net and find out that my friends have the previous version.

4W4K3

VIP Member
yah first couple months it was crap. i had no connection sometimes, and my internet was fine. i couldn't join certain games (not sure why) and it just had general bad playability. don't have it anymore, but i imagine it's all patched up:)

reformed

banned
Praetor said:
It has a remote association with Halflife a game i hate. :p

Firstly there is nothing wrong with Half Life.

I have used steam, its usefull, allows you to play your games practically on almost any pc, however like most things I should expect someone will find a way to missuse it or break into peoples accounts.

4W4K3

VIP Member
reformed said:
Firstly there is nothing wrong with Half Life.

purely opinion. if it was designed better, there would be no problems with account fraud, hacking, cheating...it has many flaws.

reformed

banned
4W4K3 said:
purely opinion. if it was designed better, there would be no problems with account fraud, hacking, cheating...it has many flaws.

As you said, all to their own opinion.

4W4K3

VIP Member
reformed said:
As you said, all to their own opinion.

"nothing wrong with half-life" = opinion

hacking, account fraud, glitches, cheating, bad connection = fact

that's what i meant. of course those are all different for everyone. i have the bad connection, glitching problem. others will experience the other symptoms. but like i said earlier...the new one is probably all patched up:)

cykx

4W4K3 said:
Nothings un-crackable, nothing is un-hackable, nothing is impossible. There is no spoon.

4W4K3

VIP Member
cykx said:
Nothings un-crackable, nothing is un-hackable, nothing is impossible. There is no spoon.

...i've never been hacked...(meaning any of my computers) not saying it can't be done...but in the i think 7yrs. or so i've had a computer it's never happened.