What's the best antivirus's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisasctt4

I have antivirus but now is unsecured !
So I wanna know what's the best antivirus I can download it now.. And I wanna it be free even go to buy one!
What's the best one for computers ?

tremmor

many here like Avast. Say the free ver works fine. I have a pay Kaspersky Internet Security.

mtb211

I also use Avast free for Windows 64 bit... I have Trend Micro Titanium here at work... it is a good antivirus but it eats the CPU during fullscans .... Personally I would just go with avast free (Has the built in boot time scan)

CrazyMike

I like and use Bitdefender. Have never had a virus (or any problems that would indicate a virus) in about 5 years.

Thinking on switching to Avast, just to check it out when my virus is out of date.

claptonman

Avast, Kaspersky, AVG, and microsoft security essentials are good ones. Be sure to only have on antivirus installed at a time.

raza

i like bitdefender antivirus and i like it it very much and also use avg both are pay version like it

jeckyjil

All the free ones are the same, you can use AVG, Avast, Avira, NOD32...
If you want something better then buy one: Norton has good realtime protection but it's a massive resource hog, Kaspersky works fine.

Davis Goertzen

Chalk me up as another Avast! user (free edition). It helped me out when I was trying to fix someone's infected laptop and AVG free wouldn't install (until good ol' Malwarebytes cleaned things up, many thanks to johnB35). Once I had copied the entire infected hard drive onto an external HDD, I used that to scan with Avast to make sure it was clean.

jevery

Paid suites generally provide protection features that free versions don't, (Free vs. Fee). Plenty of people are happy with free and plenty of people are happy to pay a fee for additional protection - It's your choice. As to Norton being a "massive resource hog" - Not True - It's currently one of the best in terms of impact on system performance, (Performance test (Suite products).

mihir

VIP Member
I use MSE it does the job for me and also periodically run online virus scans just to be sure ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.