Whats the chance......DOA

Leenis24

Was wondering what the chance was, that i will get one or more of my computer hardware DOA? i'm just curious and like 30% worried about it happening to me. I've read a couple of threads here and on other forums about it happening to a select few.

memory

There is a slight chance that you receive something DOA. That is a risk you take when buying online. If UPS is shipping the hardware, it would be a little higher. I do not like how UPS handles their packages.

Truthfully I wouldn't worry about it too much.

craneop1985

It would probably depend on who you buy from. I almost always get my stuff at Newegg.com and haven't gotten a DOA item yet--they seem to pack everything extremely well.

Jamin43

banned
I wouldn't worry about it if you get quality parts from reputable brands for C/S.

My one fear was getting a DOA motherboard. I read alot of reviews and actually called Gigabyte's Tech Support 800 number before I chose to go with one of their boards. After speaking with the tech for about 5 min with more questions than was necessary - I felt if the board was screwed up - they would make sure to resolve the issue completely to my satisfaction.

You could always buy locally - but it cost more.

I'm a newegg fan - and haven't had any problems. Wouldn't hesitate to buy online for my next build either.

Leenis24

Cool guys thanks, just wanted to get some thoughts on it. Im not to worried bout it. I just hope the build goes well, its my first complete build. Im real excited though, ive wanted to do it for a long time now.

mx344

The odds are against you getting a DOA, ive personally never got one, ive purchased 50+ computer hardware.

linkin

VIP Member
Out of all the parts i've bought, only a DVD drive and 4850 were faulty. not DOA, just faulty.

Gabe63

The only DOA I have had was a 5970. This is out of a least $10,000 in stuff. I would not worry.