Whats the pro's and Con's of using a 1080P TV as a monitor?

Ticker

Thinking of selling my monitor and tv in my room and consolidating them into one. my surf/tv ration is around 70/30. Should I stick with a dedicated monitor and connect my cable box to it or would a TV be better? thanks

jonnyp11

tv should be fine, only prob with tv's is they're generally in a position making it weird to use a comp with, and if you do you might get a crick in your neck, happened to me b4, as long as it's in a good position there is no disadvantage i know of

ChrisUlrich

It all depends. To me, my 24" Acer kills my 50" Samsung. When I play video games or surf the web, my Acer wrecks my TV. There is no comparison. If I ever buy a 27" TV or whatever, well need, i'm gonna buy a monitor with a HDMI port.

jonnyp11

yeah, also when you stick it on a bigger screen it blows it up so much you see the pixelation again.

Troncoso

VIP Member
I just ordered this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236059

what do you guys think? hopefully the viewing angle isnt as bad as they say it is. Do you think I could have done better for the money? $160 after mail in rebate

Awesome choice. Just to throw this out there. A monitor and a TV have 2 completely different purposes.

TV's are meant to be viewed from a few feet back.
Monitors are meant to be viewed about 2 to 3 feet back.

TV's have much lower resolutions to compensate for this
Monitors have much higher resolutions for a finer picture

Monitors have a faster response time.

And monitors have an auto adjust feature when using vga or dvi. (I recommend dvi over hdmi for a monitor)

To be basic a monitor is designed for use with a pc. TV's are designed to be used as TV's. Yes you can get results from a TV, but you can always get better results from a monitor

Ticker

The one you selected is just fine, this monitor so frkin ugly, with a huge jaw beneath. :(

just noticed the Jay Leno jaw lol plus someone here at work just told me that buy.com is a headache to buy from because they require 5 proofs of purchase for the refund and alot of people have been denied it.