when i try to reformat

Avenged

When I go to reformat my computer, I'm new to this. I inserted the windows xp professional disc and then went to install windows and it did stuff and when it said to reboot my computer it got to where it says delete the c drive and to like redo it all and wipe my computer i get an error. It says that I have necissary files on my c drive and that it needs to use to complete setup and i didnt delete it and now its taking all my computer space and I think that something is wrong here. How can i make it delete c drive when im formating and make a new one?

smitherz

If you want to do it from the XP CD then make sure you boot from the CD.
Another option would be Using Fdisk or other partitioning software with a format and then try installing windows that way, either way you shouldn't really encounter any problems.

smitherz :D

Avenged

How do I boot from cd or floppy disc? I heard that you should get an option if yo u want to boot from cd but i dont get one. And I dont have any floppys spare to make boot discs.

Yeti

VIP Member
How do I boot from cd or floppy disc? I heard that you should get an option if yo u want to boot from cd but i dont get one. And I dont have any floppys spare to make boot discs.
Go into your BIOS (usually del or one of the F keys) change the boot order so the CD drive is before the hard drive. You can leave it like that too if you want; that's how I always have my boot order.