Which Computer system is better??

push_88

I have a choice of a Atlon 64 300, MSI 128MB FX5700LE, Socket 939 ASUS A8-V DELUXE, 2X 512 GENERIC PC3200 RAM, 120 GIG Harddrive or a Pentium 4 3.00 Northwood, Intel 865G Motherboard, 256MB FX5500-TD, 1X CORSAIR 512MEG XMS3200LL (LOW LATENCY ) DDR400 and which one would have better performance for gaming

Ace1627

There is an edit button on your own posts, so if you make a mistake you can just change it and you wouldn't need to post again. Just thought it would be helpful to know. Anyways, I would go with the Pentium 4. As you probobly know nothing really runs on 64bit so really is just waste of money. From my point of view. This is of course all my opinion. Hope this helps.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Well, nothing runs on 64bit...yet. it's right around the corner though, so i'd go with the A64 rig. If you go with the Intel, and Windows 64bit comes out, everyone is gonna be in 64bit world while you just got a semi-new expensive p4 system. they have beta 64bit OS out for a long itme now, and theres 64bit apps, just no huge programs that the average user needs. my vote for AMD 64.

oldschool17 said:

wow..."SuperTalent Gamer RAM CL2"...i would have gone with the "UltraTurboSuperCoolGamerL33T" personally lol jk. i never go with manufactured computers for that reason...they don't tell you exactly what you are getting.

Last edited:

oldschool17

thats funny we look for about 2 months and found thats the only place that you know what your getting. He new everything he was getting all the way down to the cables. Also they let him ad a water cooling system to it at no extra cost now how many other companys will let you do that. also shipping was free? So why waste his time trouble building a unit like he has in the past when he can order one like he wants and still be at a good price. Also i looked around and supertalent has there own site and all the high end memory comes with heatspreads thats funny now why would they do that if its not ment for gaming.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I've just deleted my last post in case anyone was wondering I thought perhaps the humour of it might be lost and I might offend someone.. LOL!

anyway I think the 64 would be the way to go :).

4W4K3

VIP Member
oldschool17 said:
thats funny we look for about 2 months and found thats the only place that you know what your getting. He new everything he was getting all the way down to the cables. Also they let him ad a water cooling system to it at no extra cost now how many other companys will let you do that. also shipping was free? So why waste his time trouble building a unit like he has in the past when he can order one like he wants and still be at a good price. Also i looked around and supertalent has there own site and all the high end memory comes with heatspreads thats funny now why would they do that if its not ment for gaming.

1) heatspreaders mean absolutely nothing....they more often trap heat in the memory making it overheat. i can put heatspreaders on generic ram and overclock it 2mhz and say it's "gaming" approved.
2) building your own system isn't a "waste of time", i would take the extra couple hours of building it myself over having someone else do it anyday.
3) almost every computer manufacturer has there own "design your own computer" function. lots of them will actually get down to RAM timings and such...very detailed. took you 2 months?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I have a choice of a Atlon 64 300, MSI 128MB FX5700LE, Socket 939 ASUS A8-V DELUXE, 2X 512 GENERIC PC3200 RAM
Theres a problem with this ....

Well, nothing runs on 64bit...yet.
Nothing? ;)

So why waste his time trouble building a unit like he has in the past when he can order one like he wants and still be at a good price
Because I want my cables to be (a) NOT rounded and (b) folded and hidden away the way I want them folded and hidden. Also, I dont have to wait for shipping.

I've just deleted my last post in case anyone was wondering I thought perhaps the humour of it might be lost and I might offend someone.. LOL!
But it was uncalled for.... :p

The athlon 64 of coarse
Of course?? It would be nice to have reasons to back things up....

heatspreaders mean absolutely nothing....they more often trap heat in the memory making it overheat. i can put heatspreaders on generic ram and overclock it 2mhz and say it's "gaming" approved.
People that get bought by that kind of marketing DESERVE it. Ther *are* instances where heatspreaders are useful however you need to think a bit b4 they come to light :) (i.e., with my mobo, if i run the fans on low for 20hours and then fire them up to high speed .... :D)

building your own system isn't a "waste of time", i would take the extra couple hours of building it myself over having someone else do it anyday.
Agreed (a) I dont trust the builder and (b) delivery time is a pain in the arse