Which graphics card should I get?

Dervie

My old graphics card got short circuited (is that the term when it gets a shock? lol) so I'm looking to buy a new GPU. Here are my choices (I don't know much about each of them, I researched them review based only):
1. EVGA GeForce GTS 450 - $129.99
2. XFX Radeon HD 5670 - $131.99

3. Sapphire Radeon 5770 - $139.97

*I'm open to other options, as long as they're from www.TigerDirect.ca as I plan to visit the store directly rather than ordering the GPU online.

I'm not a hardcore gamer, although I would love to play WoW on max settings, so I don't know if these are considered over-kill for my requirements. The games I tend to play don't lag on max settings and my old card was the XFX Radeon HD 4670, lol.

My motherboard if it mattered towards my purchase:
Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT

bullzi

I'd say you'd be just fine with the 5770, should handle WoW just fine, though I don't personally play it. I'm sure somebody will have another opinion.

Hsv_Man

The 5770 is a truly great card and seeing you aren't too much of a hardcore gamer this will be perfect for you.

Dervie

Sounds great. How loud is the fan, in your opinion? How long can I go on with playing a game before it starts heating up badly? Also, is my current mobo fit for it?

Hsv_Man

Yeah the video card is fine for your motherboard as for how long you can play a game for it depends on where you are and what humidity.

Dervie

Sounds great, I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow then. What's the difference between the Sapphire and the XFX?

Dervie

I ended up going with the XFX Radeon HD 5770 for $159.99 rather than the $139.99 Sapphire. Think it was worth the extra $20? Anything else I could have purchased on TigerDirect.ca and is better?