which laptop? any suggestions?

b182tm

hey, i was just wondering what laptop you would suggest I get for under $800? I would get a macbook, but I can't afford it. I will be using it for internet and word, only for school. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Derek

b182tm

Those are pretty expensive, I'm looking for something cheaper...thanks for the suggestion though.

JLV2k5

What about DELL, I am always satisfied with their products. I know they have laptop computers for around/under $800

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Vostros (Dell) are fairly nice. Lenovo's (rebadged IBM, basically) might be pushing the budget a bit, but also well-worth it.

MightyKing

I would recommend a Dell. Pretty good system regardless of what you want it for. I there is one XPS a bit more than $800. Or you could get an Inspiron

dannaswolcott

Toshiba are the best laptops. They last a long time, fast, and there support is great! I love my toshiba laptop. If not Toshiba then gateway is great as well.

dannaswolcott

Toshiba or Gateway. I have used Toshiba & Gateway for years now and i love them. I don't have any issues at all and they are VERY FAST! for $800 or less, Gateway is your better bet. They are a little cheaper. My Toshiba was $799. Also, go with Intel. I find them to boot faster and load programs a lot quicker then AMD.

Last edited:

CopperKid

I really like my Thinkpad T60, thought i think they are a bit more then 800, ive heard good things from toshibas though