Which Laptop is best << Post Here plz >>

NuBlEt101

ok im going to try to make this my final thread befor getting a laptop...So far what i know is listed below and below are top 5 laptops ive found with the spec's i need (found with help i got in previous thread ) so now i just need to know which you think are best... all spec's are listed below along with my opinion's ... other then that i have a question below if anyone know's something about hp
v v v v v v v
Questions
1. find out if i can put a better videocard on a hp and mabe a better screen if requested or ? buy a video card after and replace it ?

i need :
Widescreen
nvidia 7600 + video car
1 gig + memory
best screen available for company
* dual core 2 processor(2.0 im thinking)<--- ? fastest = good ? or will a lower one due
Hard drive ~ <--- No idea what i need... it ranges from 40-200 and people dont usally get 200 so im wondering what is sufficient ? is 200 really needed
Cd burner mabe a double layer is a +
webcam,mic, and nice chassy are a +
anything else you can add ?

lmk what you guys think ill be playing starcraft and mabe some warcraft but i wanna be able to play first person games if i feel the urge? :) thnx for any help you guys can give
http://www.rockdirect.com/notebooks.php <---- american price's ? ( notebooks with raid :D )

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...e&v1=Entertainment&series_name=dv6000t_series
15.4'' Hp Laptop dv6000t
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor T7200 (2.0 GHz)
15.4" WXGA BrightView Widescreen (1280x800)
256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7400
HP Imprint Finish + Microphone + Webcam
1024MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD+/-RW w/Double Layer
Around 1300$$

OR
http://www.xoticpc.com/web/images/3295.htm
FORCE 3295 ( COMPAL HEL80
15.4" WSXGA "Matte" Screen (1680x1050) HEL80 ( + 90 )
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound ( + 37 )
-Intel Core 2 DUO 2.0GHz (T7200) Processor (Merom / 4 MB L2 Cache / 667 FSB) ( + 106 )
256MB PCI-Express nVidia GeForce GO 7600
- 1,024MB (1 SODIMM) ~ CORSAIR ~ DDR2 667MHz Memory ( + 85 )
- Combo Dual Layer SuperMulti 8X DVDRW Drive w/ Software ( + 25 )
- 160GB SATA 150 5400RPM Hard Drive ( + 115 )
Built in 1.3Megapixel Camera
Internal 4-in-1 Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO)
Sound Blaster Compatible 3D Audio - Included
10/100/1000 Network Card & 56K RJ11 Phone Modem
Integrated Fingerprint Reader
around 1500$

OR
http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspn_1501?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs
E105 insperson Dell
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7200 (2.00GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 667MHz FSB)
15.4 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen SXGA+ Display with TrueLife™
1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
160GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive [Included in Price]
8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory™

OR
http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_VAIO_VGN_FS570/4660-3121_7-6240065.html?tag=vid ( gives you an idea what it look's like... but is not the exact same laptop)
Sony VGN-FE790
15.4" WXGA TFT with XBRITE-HiColor Technology and MOTION EYE Camera
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7200 / ICD 2.0 GHz
1 GB DDR-SDRAM (DDR2-533, 1 GBx1) Windows Vista Premium Ready
160 GB Hard Disk Drive
DVD+-R DL_DVD+-RW_DVD-RAM Drive

OR

Gateway® NX570X
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7200 (2.00 GHz, 667MHz FSB, 4MB L2 Cache)
1024MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (1-1024MB module)
15.4" WSXGA+ TFT Active Matrix (1400 x 1050 max. resolution)
160GB 5400rpm Serial ATA hard drive
Integrated 8x Multi-Format Double Layer DVD Writer (DVD±R/±RW/CD-RW)
Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
Around 1400$

they all have the same : Memory
Processor Harddrive
_________________1_______________________2_________3
I'd say i like (sony,force,and Hp) the most then dell then gateway? sound about right ? if i get the Hp i will be looking into a better videocard/screen

lemme know if i should just take out one or two of the choise's because they are clearly worse and any opinion's are helpfull as long as they have fast/reason behind them

_________________Likes_______________________Dislikes
Sony:__Screen+good quality_______________more expensive
Hp:__Clean Look+cheap for whats in it_____little worse video card /screen mabe ?
Gateway:_ehhh_________________________bad video card
Dell:___cheap+ same features as others______Bad dell experience's
Force:__extra features( see above)________ big bulky looking( see pics)+

NuBlEt101

plz tell me why you vote for a certain laptop... a vote without a reason is not much help thnx for the info thou .... yea i think ima take out gateway

burnitdown

trust me, go for the sony, its a reliable company, good processor, great laptop vid card, nice ram, and a good sized harddrive. Sony normally doesnt put out crap.

NuBlEt101

the sony thing is very bias opinion's about company's can vary greatly from person to person im looking for something alittle more solid... but ill keep in mind sony's quality..... and ill look through those 2 site's see if there's anything that catche's my eye, but mostly now im looking for opinion's on the laptop's ive found.. thnx for the help ^^

Edit: ok ive looked through all the laptops on both site's that are 15.4 and under 1600$.... the first site there were a few intresting things that i will look further into tommorow but i found the second site cost's more for worse part's and i didnt really like anything

Last edited:

Jet

VIP Member
Either the Sony or the Force fits your needs, however, the Force has DDR2-667 memory over the Sony's DDR2-533.

Sirius_GTO

from an economical perspective with the assumption that you don't have money to burn, i'd recommend the Dell E1505.

A lot of people who don't have experience with Dell love to dog the company.

Dell offers some of the best budget notebooks that money can buy, and this is definitely true when you find the right coupons to apply on top of the price.

My personal experience with their customer support was excellent, with nothing to complain about. I've replaced my cd rom drive and they send it OVERNIGHT. I sent an email out at noon, and the part arrived free of charge the next morning at 9...
That's less than 24 hours.

As for the product itself, the one I've purchased in my signature, is fast as ever can be. It scored the same in the CPU mark as my DESKTOP with an AMD 3800+ overclocked to 2.5 GHZ!

The Video Card can play counterstrike source with an average of 35-40 frames per second which isn't that bad at all.

The notebook itself is well built and feels sturdy. My only gripe is that when you pick it up on a corner (which you shouldn't at all but I did it to test the build q

DCIScouts

VIP Member
As far as features go, the Force laptop is the best price for features. Never heard of the brand before, so I don't know about the quality; but HP's, Dell's and Sony's are all very good quality. Since the Sony's only $20 more than the Force or so, then I would definitely go with that since they have almost the same features. The HP would probably be the next choice, but it's not nearly the deal that the Sony is. And I wouldn't go with the Dell more because of the fact that the RAM for the video is shared with the system. So you actually only have 768MB of system RAM, not a Gig. Oh, and the RAM is already taking up the two memory slots, so if you want to upgrade to 2 Gigs you have to replace both sticks...

NuBlEt101

two opinion's that are exact oposite's >.<
well with the config on the front page the dell would run alittle under 1300...
if i put 2 gig's in it would be 1450 about which is close to the sony/force so its not that much cheaper

Edit: but the force has better memory then both/artic silver/fingerprint reader/ matte screen( which is less reflective then glossy so mabe better? even thou the color's arnt as clear)

Last edited:

Bobo

banned
Go with the Sony or the Force, not the Dell. I vote for the Sony, it's a great company, and a very good deal.